Another example of media with an agenda

Anyone else remember the past few weeks before the world cup started, the CNN front page / top story for about 2-3 weeks was always about some random shooting where there was some tragic sad event.

Well apparently there was a Chicago shooting story this weekend where a concealed carry holder stopped a crazy dude and his friends from killing innocent people. Yahoo had a side story about it. http://news.yahoo.com/veteran-concealed-carry-permit-shoots-back-chicago-gunman-031804649.html

CNN? no mention. because they certainly can’t forward the anti-gun agenda with news that shows responsible people having guns is a positive.

hilarious…

If the gun carrying were disallowed, even the crazy dude would not have had guns, right? So this incident would never have occurred!

Itera, I am not for or against this - thats because I dont live in US and dont know the need. So please take it as just a question from a neutral guy. I have only spent around 4 months in bits and pieces periods in Dallas and NY, so definitely do not know the need.

"Guns don’t kill people, people kill people".

If gun carrying were disallowed, that doesn’t mean people wouldn’t still do it. I bet there was only one legal firearm in that fight.

I don’t live in the US either but I think people have the right to defend themselves (2nd amendment)

That sounds like a scene from the wild west. Drink taken and an argument follows. Then shots are fired by both sides. I don’t see how that is supposed to be a positive for the gun lobby.

A much better scenario would be if no-one had a gun - including the police. That is the case in many countries worldwide. Per capita gun related deaths in the US each year are way ahead of the rest of the OECD.

I saw a movie once where only the military and police had guns. It was a really good movie. I think it was called “Schindler’s List”.

taking away all guns (and having the govt involved) is a useless argument.

guns are so prevalent now that you really can’t flip a magic switch and suddenly make them go away. What will most likely end up happening is that a ton of weapons will suddenly go “off the grid” or “lost” and end up on the black market.

You’ll end up disarming all the good responsible law-abiding people, and all the people with ill intent will still be able to get them to do crazy things at a higher price. Gun running criminals make a bundle of money, and crime rises as gangs fight over control of weapons (mexico drug cartels ring any bells?), and petty theifs and robbers are emboldened as there is less chances someone in their home is armed.

Respect.

Yo itera, CNN is wack son. Back before Bush we’d call it Clinton News Network.

The anti-gun arguments are so ignorant and naive…

If some hippy wants to defend his family with a stick or a phone call to the cops, more power to him but don’t tell me what I can and can’t use!

Amen to that brother.

God bless America.

Just had a WTF moment reading this:

Seven people died and approximately 50 were injured in shootings that took place in Chicago over the weekend. The city has among the highest violent crime rates among major U.S. cities.

GGz america.

Nothing to see here, just some people defending their families. We don’t want the gubmint telling them what they can’t use!

So if guns are banned, the Souf side of Chicago will be safe then, right?

Most of those shootings and guns are illegal in the first place. If you lived in that neighborhood, you wouldn’t want to own a gun?

When I was in college, living in the bad part of town, I had some crackheads pounding on my door at 2 am, home invasions right down the street from me. If my door ever got kicked down, like that house did, I’d feel much safer with a gun in my hand than a cell phone, regardless of what the crooks had.

Hmpf, I’ll have you know they are the last remaining bastion of freedom and protectors of liberty.

But admittedly, this would be kinda fun:

http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/88ITS/ITALIAN_LONG_SWORD.aspx

I really shouldn’t but that statement just reminded me of this

^ HAHAHAHAHA