Tony Romo

Dude just turned 34 in April. Has had two back surgeries in the past year. Thinks he has four good years left him. Plays on a frustratingly mediocre team. Good offensive weapons, but the defense really blows, and will suck even harder this year.

So, at this point, it’s hard to believe that he’s going to win a Super Bowl before the sun sets on his career. If that becomes the case, is he the best quarterback not named Dan or Jim to never win a Super Bowl?

(disclaimer - for those who didn’t know, I’m a major Cowboys fan)

I’d say yes, you could argue that.

Ahh, a Romosexual.

(Not that there’s anything wrong with that)

I’d take McNabb’s resume over Romo’s. That’s just off the top of my head though.

warren moon

randal cunningham

fran tarkenton

dan fouts

Romo ain’t even close to being mentioned in that argument - you are drinking the kool-aid bro

“Making the playoffs doesn’t define me as a player, you can look at my numbers and tell I’m a great QB. I don’t need the playoffs or playoff success to prove that.” - Tony Romo

Not even close. Off the top of my head:

Culpepper

Jaworski

Rivers

Esiason

Cunningham

Moon

Fouts

Tarkenton

rip steve mcnair

No mention of Jim Kelly yet? Do you guys even NFL?

^ OP mentioned him

he was mentioned in the original post.

Again, is Romo the best QB not named DAN or JIM? That includes DAN Fouts and JIM Kelly. (I guess it could also include DANte Culpepper…)

And I thought about Warren Moon and Fran Tarkenton. But I’m not sure that Romo isn’t better than both.

Tony Homo would be on the bottom of the list with Dan Fouts I guess. Moon, Tarkenton, Esiason, Marino Kelly, Mcnair much better than that jabroni.

wow jerrah is feeding you some good cool aid in the boondocks

Everyone always forgets about Dave Krieg in these kinds of discussions.

Archie Manning

Donovan McNabb

Randall Cunningman

Rich Gannon

Kenny Anderson

Dave Krieg

Vinny Testeverde

Jeff Blake

Ken O’Brien

Daunte Culpepper

Jeff Garcia

^Rich Gannon? Vinny Testaverde? Jeff Garcia?

I pray you’re joking.

Howie Long described Jeff Garcia as the donut quarterback. You know what a donut tire is? It’s the tire that you put on when your regular one goes flat. And you only leave it on long enough to get to the closest tire shop.

Vinny T is top 10 all-time in passing yards and TD’s, of course he did play for 20 years.

I think you would have a tough time convincing anyone other than a 'Boys fan that Romo is better than Rivers. They have been in the league the same time and Rivers has better career numbers almost across the board.

The premise of the original question is like asking “which is the tallest midget?”

Assuming he never wins the SB, Romo will go down in history as a somwhat above average QB (not at all “elite” and not even “very good”, but slightly better than “merely average”) in his own generation of players. Hell, he might not even be in the top one-third of QB’s playing today.