Any idea how i can get help

My landlord offered me to buy the property im renting (in UK). The property is underpriced but i cant get the mortgage deposit required on time. Im short of GBP 5k or so. I have a good job and in middle management but im just running out of options here as i had not planned for this. Any idea i can get a top up for a mortgage deposit. If this was not so urgent i was going to easily save this amount over 2-3 months but the landlord needs to sell the property asap as an urgent investment need.

Talk to your bank dude, see if they will up your overdraft, credit card limit, give you a short term loan, whatever.

I was expecting this to finish with you asking one of you to front you the money! It reads a bit like a spam email, but assuming you are genuine then I agree with AfricaFarmer. Look to borrow from a financial institution (maybe a credit union could be an option too since the amount is relatively small). I assume that you feel you cannot ask friends and family for a short term loan to help out?

Are you 100% sure this is such a bargain by the way? If your landlord is putting you under pressure to buy quickly and telling you its a great deal, there may be something up that you don’t know about. Make sure you get a full structural survey of the property and have a good solicitor look over the title and lease to ensure there is nothing fishy. You don’t want to rush into such a major investment.

I never advocate credit card debt, but if you can repay it in a few months and you are getting the deal of a lifetime, then that can be the last resort.