GO USA, GO!!!!!!!!

America’s latest statement on the Gaza tragedy

“Israel maybe could do a little bit more to protect civilians”

Perpetuators of justice and equality since the dawn of time.

Hypocrites. On the personal level as well.

But the problem is that they always fail to conceal it. Because of work, I have been dealing with Americans for quite some time now. And it is always that they say one thing, but think/mean the opposite. It always reveals.

And because eyes do not lie, you see in their eyes how haughty and arrogant they are. But again and again they have to pull their hypocrisy mask and smile. Because they have economic interest in you.

Europeans (except probably English) are way too different.

Unless you are American or European, to them you are either a terrorist or some retard from what they think a banana republic, like Russia or India. The only problem this is not the case.

Isildurr, you realize Israel is India’s biggest and most loyal ally? I get that you’re a left leaning internationalist without any sense of identity but try to actually see things from your own people’s point of view, I guarantee things will look different.

I have an economic interest in your women.

So I had to google left leaning internationalist and may I say it sounds awesome. I do have a sense of identity, I’m fucking Indian, know the kamasutra from top to bottom too.

Seriously speaking, I suspect we will agree on the broader picture. Hamas are bad as the IDF. That does not excuse that what is happening now and the complicit backing of ‘benevolent’ 'MURIKAHH towards Israel when posturing at Russia over Crimea is an absolute joke.

The palestenian tragedy is the worst of our lifetime, on par with what the Nazis did to the Jews. They deserve their own homeland at the very least.

I’m not going to defend the historic actions of Israel, but in the current situation Hamas broke a peace agreement that was established by the Arab League and is supported by the UN, the EU and the US. Israel also gave several days notice of where they would be attacking and why. Instead of moving civilians out of those areas, Hamas impeded their exodus and used them as human shields. If the ULFA broke its agreement with India and started shooting rockets at India from Bangladesh, you can bet your ass India would fight back.

Believe it or not the amount of support Israel gets from America is not proportionate to the support of the average citizen. IMO it’s more a strategic position of the government to have a strong democratic ally in the Middle East. The fact it’s a jewish state and it helps portray America as a country that protects underrepresented people is just a free synergy.

Add to this, the fact that a great many of our Republican leaders are also devout Christians who believe that the Jews are the rightful heirs to the Promised Land, and that turning your back on Israel = turning your back on God.

If you had an Indian identity, you’d be supporting your ally and not the same Palestinian Arabs who couldn’t give a flying f*** about you.

Why is it any worse than the Russian genocide, rape, and torture in Chechnya? How quickly you forget about Russia. How about the genocides of Tamils by Sri Lanka or the similar cleansing of Kurds by Turkey?

As I said, the only sympathizers are leftists/anti semites/ or closet islamists.

I believe this is a factor only in so far as politicians have to pay attention to their constituents. In southern Florida, for example, being anti-Israeli would be a one-way ticket out of office. It may seem like semantics, but I don’t think there are a ton of hardline pro-Israel Congressmen out there. They just have to represent the aging (and religious) baby-boomers.

In 20-30 years I think we’ll look at this situation far differently. I don’t think there’s any question the conflict will still be going on, but the public perception will be much different. I think the government is going to have to build a case that having Israel as an ally in the ME is necessary to national security (and it may be) for continued public support. Politicians are going to lose the blind religious support as the old die off and us secular Gen-Whatevers take over.

That said, I don’t see an American majority ever backing a Muslim state over Israel in our lifetimes. We may become blase toward the whole thing, but we’ll never back Hamas, that’s for sure.

+1 to Palantir.

^^ Once the US is energy-independent, its support for Israel will slowly go away. We won’t allow them to be wiped off the face of the earth anytime soon, but the money will start to dry up and our official positions on their actions will become increasingly more harsh.

What absolute rubbish. The Jews never elected by a majority a terrorist group sworn to the elimination of an entire race. Palestinians brought this all on themselves. Anyone that votes for Hamas has pretty much given up any right for sympathy. Israel has an absolute right to self defense. If Pakistan was lobbing missiles into your schools and hospitals you’d demand your government act too. I’ll always stand with tolerant inclusive democracies and Israel is a great example of one.

Excellent points, Seeing as i’m of work since it is 7 :30 PM and I’m meeting a lovely lady for drinks it will be a couple of hours before I return to my basement to respond to your post in a way that does justice.

For now, as I had alluded to before that Hamas are as bad as the IDF, you have correctly pointed out that hamas themselves impeded their exodus so don’t you think that it is tragic that the very people who are supposed to be protecting them are using them as human sheids and Israel knows this. Dishing out a warning serves no purpose when you know these people are as good as dead now. What Israel are doing is basically tearing down a bulding full of innocent people in search for one sniper. That is wrong on so many levels.

Drawing a trajectory to some other conflict muddies the waters so i’ll ignore that for now. As for the peace accord, the one Israeli leader interested in true peace was assasintated by his own people. Give me a couple of hours and i’ll be respond in a proper way.

Err, what? Seeing as I have a brain i’ll make my own conclusions and not blindly support my ally especially when i can see that what they’re doing is wrong on so many levels

I am not a leftist / hipster or whatever idiotic labels you would like to put to suit your way of how people should think. The tamil genocide was an absolute catastrophe but one which not many people here will know about. If you would like me to edit the original post to ’ One of the worst tragedies of our lifetime’ I will gladly do so

It only muddies the waters because it’s inconvenient to your position. I look forward to hearing what you have to say though.

For the record, I’m not a pro-Israel guy per se. I believe they have the right to live in peace as a people, but they sometimes cross the boundries of simply defending themselves. The Palestinians also have a right to live in peace as a people. Of course I say all this from the comfort of my office outside of Philadelphia without the threat of a rocket blowing me up. My perspective would likely be different if either side were actively trying to kill me and my family.

I find it amusing that a citizen of a third world country that tolerates numerous human rights abuses, open crime against women, massive inequality and corruption that causes the deaths of thousands of children per year due to malnutrition opines on the deaths of 300 or 400 people as one of the worst tradegies of our time.

Love it

Only way it will stop is if somebody wins. We know who would win, but it’s the same thing with Crimea. Would the world let it happen? It seems like yes. Maybe this is just a sign of the times and the world is transitioning back to a stake your claim type of mentality.

You sound very silly now. Think before you type!

You have completely marginalized the deaths of 600+ Palestinian citizens and being the straw man that you are have brought parallels to Crimea and Chechnya. What you need to remember is that Israel have illegally built settlements on Palestinian land, took away their electricity, bombed their schools and hospitals, stopped free trade of people and goods. With their sophisticated weponary they have bombed children playing on the beach and shot a young man looking for his family in the rubble.

The Palestinians are desperate people living on the edge of poverty and are up against the nuclear power house of Israel.

While I don’t condone the violence and wish it stopped, I do know that if I were a Palestinian I would have no hesitation in firing my rocket into Israeli land. Question is, if you were Palestinian and these things were happening to you, what would you do?

This isn’t a war; this is genocide.

p.s. I’m not an anti-semite, islamist or leftist. I just have a conscience.