What Israel is doing in Gaza is disgusting...

All it’s doing is breeding more hatred toward Israelis and can’t end well for Israel in the long run. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

What is disgusting is what will happen to Jews if they were ever to fall under “Palestinian” rule.

oh boy, this could get ugly

They gonna fight forever. Get used to it.

I don’t think it’s helpful for outsiders to take sides. The situation is certainly disgusting, but both sides are to blame.

It is hard now to see any resolution to the conflict. There will probably be a short term cease fire soon but for how long? Will Israel and Palestine see peace in my lifetime? I wouldn’t bet on it.

Yo, remind me who broke the peace agreement? And who turned down the Egyptian brokered ceasefire agreement? Not Israel.

diz dude is isluddurr cuzzo

Can we just nuke both sides?

The ceasefire maintains the status quo, which benefits Israel in the short term. The status quo maintains the blockade of Gaza and the West Bank and doesn’t stop Israeli settlers to move into occupied territory, which clearly violates international law. Israel controls everything, from air to sea transportation, to imports and exports, to imposing Israeli military justice system on Palestinians. Israel severely restricts people from entering and leaving Gaza. Even those that want to improve their lives elsewhere cannot. The fact that unemployment is only 50% in palestine (70% for those under 30) is a miracle under those conditions.

During the last ceasefire in November 2012, Israel agreed to gradually lift the blockade of Gaza. The ceasefire held, the siege continued. Gaza is an open air prison. What will a ceasefire accomplish exactly? Maintain the military occupation and ever expanding settlements!