Are we all pigs?

Okay, I know I can’t time the market, but anyone that piled in when the president said is was a good time to buy, around March 9, 2009, has made a shit ton of money. Why not pay Uncle Sam and take a break for a while? The same thing could have been said many times through out history and you would have been on the sidelines for a long, long while. If my goal is to beat the 3-month t-bill by 8 over a rolling ten year period, I can wait a long, long time, by sitting in 3-month t-bills. Money doesn’t need to flow for a re-pricing. It can happen overnight. How much is enough? Why should I care what the indices are doing?.. Now that I think about it, doing what I’m suggesting could set up negatively skewed returns that would give the illusion of success. I ripped a cash-balance plan for using the exact same technique, but over a shorter period of time, right in front of potential clients of theirs. They would sell every year when they met a target return. Nothing but an illusion. Thanks for listening. Just thinking out load. Reason has returned. Today is my idiot day. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

next time start with this line. It’ll help readers

Your rant got decidedly less interesting as it wore on. 4/10

I like whiskey too.

im a bourbon person

I actually prefer bourbon too.

a sign we’re getting old?

I love pouring liquid nitrogen over bourbon and creatingn “bourbon dots.” You can pop them in your mouth (but let them warm up a bit), or mix them in ice cream.

Actually, bourbon in ice cream is pretty good on its own too. Sometimes you can light it on fire too.

^ Most helpful post on this forum since I’ve started the CFA process

Bourbon on ice cream? How did I not think of this before?!?

Perfect lunch time too

Vincent Vega believed any shake worth $5 should come with bourbon in it. Although he later admitted it was “pretty damn good.”

My mother is a fish.

And a shot of adrenalin

Something…

You were obviously not sober when typing that. Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us.