NFC East challenge

In 2011, it went to the Giants.

In 2012, it went to the Redskins Washington.

In 2013, it went to the Eagles.

So the gods have certainly determined that this is Dallas’s year to win the NFC East, probably with a first round-bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

I hereby throw down the gauntlet to Higgs and Brain (and to whomever wants to bet on Warshington). I say we all pitch in $100, and the whoever wins the NFC East takes the money at the end of the year. You guys in on this?

(Don’t worry. I’ll PM you my address in January so you know where to send the check.)

I harbor no illusions with regard to the current suckiness of my beloved New York Football Giants. They will not win the NFC East this year, or likely next year either. Although I do not think the Eagles are as good as the hype would have us believe, they are the best team in the NFC East and will almost certainly win it again this year with a 9-7 record. The silver lining of that for me is that they will once again lose their home playoff game. Dallas has the worst defense in the NFL, but enough offense (assuming TR stays upright all year) to finish 8-8 and make it interesting though. Washington and my beloved New York Football Giants will be lucky to sniff 6 wins each this season.

I’m not taking your money Greenie, thanks for the offer.

I do like the cojones. It can be really tough to predict anything before the first few games.

FTFY

You know you’re in trouble when Peyton Hillis makes your team. But that’s the least of your worries. Last year for Coughlin (forced into retirement with cushy front office job)?

Do we need an NFL sub forum?

^ Absolutely.

Bet still good?

Sure! But it would definitely be more fun if we can get somebody to take the other two teams. And I know there is no shortage of vaGiants fans on AF. Don’t know about the Deadskins, though.

And in 2014, the NFC East trophy went back to where it rightfully belongs–America’s Team.

Any takers this year on the NFC East Challenge? Brain? Higgs? Or are you too scared again?

Sadly, Giants will not be a division contender this year either. The battle for the division between the 'Boys and the Birds will be an interesting one. It’s a shame they don’t play each other late in the season. Assuming key players on both teams stay healthy, I think the Eagles win the division by a game at 11-5. Still think they’ll choke in the playoffs though. If Bradford misses more than two games, the Cowboys take the division again.

FTFY

So…

Dallas is 2-0, and have a de-facto 3-game lead over the Giants and the Eagles. But they won’t have Romo or Dez until Thanksgiving.

The Redskins are 1-1, but they’re the Redskins.

Philadelphia looks terrible. They’re 0-2.

The Giants keep blowing double-digit 4th quarter leads. They’re also 0-2.

Who has the best chance to win the division this year?

I think the Eagles will right the ship and take the division, but not at 11-5 as I previously predicted. 8-8 will likely be the number.

As an eagles fan, I have zero confidence in Chip & the gang. But I can hope I suppose. The division is a complete joke. A shame romo is out but the cowboys looked terrible sunday even with him in.

after Bradford tears up his elbow, shoulder, or knee, I don’t think so.

NFC East is a weak division this year. It could be the weakest in football. Eagles will right the ship. They have plenty of talent.

I think the Cowboys can tread water long enough for Romo to come back. Boys win it at 9-7 on tiebreakers over the Eagles. Last night’s game will factor in.

^Maybe I’m a little biased, but I agree. The Cowboys defense has been great, and they have been without Randy Gregory, Rolando McClain, and Greg Hardy.

A lot has been made of Weeden’s terrible record, but let’s keep it real–dude played for the Browns. And his one start last year was against the Cardinals, who might have been the best team in the league at the time.

If the Cowboys win three of their next eight, then would be .500 on Thanksgiving. And they’d have both Romo and Dez for the last six games of the season.