Ray Rice

This deserves his own thread.

He just got cut this afternoon.

Not necessarily defending him here, but I think it’s unfair to him for the NFL and the Ravens to come down on him again just because the video shows up. If the situation warrants being fired/suspended, then they should have done that before.

It’s not unfair at all if the NFL is telling the truth and really didn’t see the video. Before the vid of that vicious left hook to the dome, there was at least a small chance Rice was acting in self defense or something…

Now it’s clear he’s just a thug that knocked out his now wife. The NFL needs to come down hard on this. Does it really make sense that guys are getting comparable suspensions for testing positive for pot?

No, Rice should be banned for life. Or, at least a year then no team pick him up. That would make a statement too.

The Ravens’ position is that the video contradicts what Rice told the team about what happened in the elevator. So, he was technically cut for lying to the team, not for knocking out his fiancee.

The way I see it is the NFL correcting their previous mistake by only suspending him for two games.

Good riddance. He was washed up and that video was f’d.

What do you think she said to spark such anger?

Bad for my fantasy team but good for what’s right

You’re hung like a white guy.

I guess the next logical question is, does Ray Rice play another game in the NFL? Is there a team that will pick him up this season, or ever?

talk about a career limiting move

she was acusing him of cheating. he was texting or getting texts from some chick that night.

A couple of things:

The NFL claims that they did see the video.

This “punishment” is not coming from the NFL, but from the team.

So did the NFL watch the video or not? And did they show it to the Ravens or not?

I have a hard time believing that the NFL saw the video and the Ravens didn’t. And if the Ravens saw it then, they should have either cut him immediately or they should stick to their original punishment.

Also, I’m not sure why there’s such an outrage over this, when there’s a guy (Josh Brent) who got drunk, drove 120 mph in a 45-mph zone, and killed his teammate. He got a 10-game suspension.

The guy who owned a dog fighting arena is still playing.

Another guy carried a handgun into a nightclub and shot himself in the leg. He got no suspension from the NFL. (But he did miss two years.)

These are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I doubt it. Although teams have a pretty long history of ignoring domestic violence by players, this case has drawn far too much media attention for it to be worth it for a team to sign him. I’m sure Gloria Allred is already printing up protest signs for every NFL team so she can be on the ground immediately if he ever signs with another team.

Rice gets cut while the dude from the niners assaulted his pregnant wife and still played yesterday’s game because he was only arrested by the cops and not formally charged.

Regardless, I agree with the Ravens’ decision and will be interesting to see how long the Eagles wait before signing him.

I think whether or not somebody signs him will depend on whether there are any other repercussions (jail time, etc.) for this. That seems unlikely since this is not as sexy a story as Vick’s dogfighting ring.

Vick went to jail and did his time as did Plaxico, which is why they were forgiven by teams.

Perhaps I’m mistaken, but I believe his legal case has already been adjudicated and he got off by signing up for counseling.

F Ray Rice and Roger Goodell should resign for this poor mishandling.

Now the NFL is claiming that they didn’t see the video. Apparently they only saw the part where he drags her out of the elevator, but not the actual punch or the events leading up to the punch.

But all the sports reporters said that the NFL had seen the video. So I don’t know what’s happening.

What do you say to a woman with two black eyes? Nothing, she’s already been told twice.

Chalk another one up for the No Fun League.

have we even heard his side of the story?

I am sick of people jumping to conclusions. Doesn’t anyone even care that he was my later round draft pick? Now what am I going to do, rely on the waiver wire? geesh