A note to Rahul and others who want to get in shape

Most programs out there are designed by guys who take steroids frequently.I cannot stress this enough that those programs will do more harm than good in the long run since your body is not made to take pressure and stress on a special group of muscle for 45 mins a session

I have never used steroids in my life.I have a simple work out regime which has helped me to get 4 pack abs.I don’t aspire to have 6 or 8 packs as getting them will take lots of time/effort .It is worthy of mention here that investing time/money/effort to get 8/10 packs abs is a - NPV investment for people like us who are not actors/models/wrestlers.

I have never asked any one to get 10 pack abs…I have only adviced people to work out regularly and stay fit…

Dude :

1. The number of packs is not a sign of fitess,its just a sign of low body fat
  2. Keep it that way(the whole workout thing)
  3. Try Stronglifts if you havent done already

I’ve been working out for 10 years and have always done split training. I plan on doing full body workouts starting next week on a recommendation of a friend.

Have you been natural ?

Yes, but I eat a lot of protein.

A 3-day split is best for advanced naturals.

Split routine has got to be a pain. With stronglifts you get that nice intensity fron the squats everytime.

The problem with strong lifts is its emphasis on squats,I cant do heavy squats 3 times a week,especially when you do cardio after ,strong lifts should be used in a cycle.But I prefer to work my entire body in every session 3 times a week.Another day I do a combination of TRX and polyometric training.It has worked for me so far

^ What’s your goal (mass, cut, strength, endurance)?

Glad we have some meats on the boards. Over training is good. Eat and rest up and you will grow.

Im a big fan of 5 x 5, or 10 sets of 3 for your compound movements. The latter allowed me to get super strong but makes you more injury prone.

Retard’s comment.

The effort that you put to get the abs will automatically make your body more flexible and fit.

^ What!? All those skinny guys with abs are flexible and fit? I should quit the gym then and just starve myself, apparently i’ll be healtheir.

@AfricaFarmer ,Rahul Doesnt know what he is talking about,the only guys with six packs who definately have flexibility andd fit are gymnasts,Also what has six pack got to do with flexibility.It annoys me how people who cant distinct the two allow themselves to talk about sucj matters

Why can’t you do heavy squats 3x a week? If cardio is getting in the way, why not cut down cardio and do it in the off days? I throw in a jog on offdays, but I’m not squatting that much yet, but everything I have seen says squats are priority no.1.

I used to be one of those plodders who ran 5 mi daily with nothing to show for it. What a waste of time.

Its very demanding,Squats are king and deadlifts are queen,no arguments in that,but doing them 3 times a week is a bit demanding especially for my body full of injuries.

In my opinion cycling the weight in the week is the best option

Again a shit comment.

You should know the difference between being skinny and having a fit body with 6 pack abs.

@Africafarmer is right,six packs by no means is a definition of your fitness level or FLEXIBILITY.

So by your standards a bodybuilder or a beach bum/steroids junkie is fitter than a boxer/mma fighter/crossfit practioner/Greco roman wrestler just because he has a six pack and many of the guys I mentioned dont ?

Six pack is a show of some ab musles and low body fat thats it.It annoys me how everyone think they know the best in everything

Men obsessed with men having abs. No homo.

A skinny dude with a six pack is no different than a fat chick with big knockers…