Enders Game

I remember reading this book a long time ago when I was a kid and really liking it. Then they made the movie. I didn’t rush to see it in theatre but it’s on HBOGO now. I think it was amazing. The acting a little dry, but the leads are almost all 12 years old. Anyway, did you guys see it? What did you think?

Also, has anyone here seen Gone Girl? My twitter won’t stop talking about it. Is it worth going to see in the theatre?

It wasn’t bad. Harrison Ford and Ben Kingsley had the acting skills of 12-year olds, though.

Gone Girl is worth seeing.

I liked it

I’ve never read the books and I know that books are way more detailed than the movies but the movie seemed rushed. A lot was happening at once and then all of a sudden, it quickly switched to something else. Still enjoyed it though. Loved the zero gravity laser quest scenes. I thought that was pretty cool.

I thought Ender’s Game would be a poorly conceived reboot of a literary classic. However, I was glad to be wrong, as the movie was quite enjoyable to watch. In addition, it raised such important questions as:

1. What is the moral culpability of genocide in the face of an existential threat?

2. Seriously, what is Bonzo’s problem? Short guys really have issues.

3. Why the f did Ender pick the fat kid for his space laser tag team?

4. Are you a pedo if you thought Petra was attractive?

Such thought provoking questions are the trademark of a quality film.

lolol

I never read or even heard of the book, but enjoyed the movie. Do agree though that it seemed a bit rushed.

Petra was not attractive. the only way she would be looked that way is bec it’s like 99% dudes

We’re going to need Palantir’s official ruling on this one.

The book is one of the best Sci-Fi books ever written and Speaker for the Dead (the sequel) is arguably better. The movie was fine but it just wasn’t able to capture the little details that were in the book. Plus, I thought the movie felt rushed. Still an entertaining flick though.

I’m kind of sorry now that I watched the movie, because I can’t really read a book when I already know the story. I guess I can still read Speaker for the Dead.

Can’t agree more with StL on Speaker of the Dead. I’d put that book in top five sci-fi books of all time. Ender’s Game is really meant as an introduction to Speaker of the Dead.

Higgmond, you’ll get more out of Speaker for the Dead, I think, if you read Ender’s Game. It’s an easy read. I did it from when I left work until I went to bed.

^ Perhaps I’ll give a go then.