The Walking Dead - Spoiler Alert

I know there are some other fans here. Who watched the season premiere and what did you think?

I was glad to have the series back after the long wait and generally enjoyed the episode, but was kind of surprised/saddend to see Terminus fall so quickly in the season. I know the writers/producers were criticized for letting the show stagnate at the prison, but I thought Terminus would be part of the story line for at least a couple of episodes. I was also expecting a “regular” to get killed off, so I was a bit disappointed that everyone made it through.

the first 10-20 mins was probably the best 10-20 mins in TV history. lined up at the trough, after dude #1 went down, i felt like i was going to die. just the thought of Glenn going down in that fashion is enough to make you want to pull your eyes out. imo, maybe the best episode of the series and they didn’t even need to kill anybody.

Watched it. Loved it. Need to watch it again.

The trough scene was great TV and having Glenn first in line among Rick’s group did make it conceivable that he could have been killed off.

I think Glenn, Maggie, and Daryl are the only ones making it out alive. Carl needs to die, preferably by a baby-zombie Judith. And Rick is obviously not making it. His nine lives are about up.

Does anyone read the comics version of this? It seems that the original story is more messed up than the TV show. For instance, Rick is captured and gets his hand chopped off early in the story (he has one hand throughout the rest of the series). Michone is captured by the eyepatch guy and is repeatedly raped over a period of time; she later escapes and cuts off the guy’s dick.

I read the first few “seasons” of the comics and couldn’t get into them. Given the differences between the comics and the TV show, I don’t know if I would like the show as much if I had read the comics first.

yep comics is prolly worse. i read the summarized versions of them and they were definitely more brutal.

I saw first two episodes of walking dead. Pretty boring actually…just people running around from goopy people. Does it get better? The first two episodes of breaking bad or game of thrones or true detective were awesome by comparison.

That’s not at all what The Walking Dead is about. Keep watching.

A police officer who is wounded in the line of duty recuperates while taking a long road trip with his family, meeting many new friends along the way.

the show is about humanity, not the dead themselves, unlike every other zombie themed movie/show. if you can’t fall in love with rick, there’s something wrong with you (i.e. you either don’t have kids or a wife, or you don’t like everyday heroes). also, though season 1 is good by season 1 standards (i still think it’s better than the 3 you mentioned), it is seasons 2, 3 and this current season which are by far some of the best seasons in tv history.

They showed a clip from season 1 this week and I couldn’t believe how different Rick and Daryl looked. Living life surrounded by zombies and psychopaths seems to really age people.

no bathing and lack of nutrition doesn’t help.

So, it’s like vacationing in Mumbai?

Nobody vacations in Mumbai.

But yeah, series is boring, and I think the two star guys are kind of dull. Productivity will continue.

^ It’s not for everyone.

Not with that attitude.

I’ve given up on trying to help those who do not want to be helped.