Amazonfresh grocery delivery in Brooklyn

http://mashable.com/2014/10/17/amazonfresh-brooklyn/

Any of you NYcers do do grocery delivery? How do you eat, big city people? I took a brief look at their catalog by entering zip code 11215 and I was impressed by how reasonable the prices look, especially for NYC.

I buy fruits/veggies on brighton beach.

Farmers carry to apt - I have used fresh direct before though

Now I’m curious. Are these prices standard? They look extremely reasonable. Mind you we get hammered on dairy up here so anything looks reasonable.

^ Canadaland gets hammered on pretty much everything price wise. I live in Texas, which is low cost land, and the produce prices, soda prices on Amazon looked within 10% of what I’d pay here. Meat prices looked a decent bit higher on a per pound basis. How much is a gallon of milk up there? I paid $2.70 today. Which is actually really close to our gas prices, which are down to about $2.80. But now I’m just gloating! I’ll stop now.

I was in Calgary last weekend and bought a 2L bottle of Diet Coke at the Co-op. On sale for $1 each, but then 25 cent deposit/levy and another 12 cent something or other levy. WTF?!

^ oh ya we get hammered on almost anything we buy. 4 Liters of milk (close enough to a gallon) is $3.99 in my area. A pint of Ben and Jerry’s runs about $6.99- $5.99 if on sale. Going off the amazon fresh site, it looks like the prices I pay are higher for the most part- fruit and vegetables are slightly cheaper here. Gas is around $1.20/liter where I am right now.

I filled up yesterday at a Wawa in southern NJ for $2.78/gal. Saw another place at $2.75, but it was one of those bobo joints.

But but but - free health care!

Also, Bezos is just trying to give Amazon stokholders another giant F U. He has tried every margin-destroying tactic, nothing has worked. Maybe competing in yet another cut-throat business with ultra-low margins, in a high-rent locality will do it… Nah. Amazon will forever be a $300 stock.