Mentors: why all the threads?

There are a bazillion threads on mentors (and _ mentoring _: goodness! I hate that word! “Mentor” is a noun, not a verb.) lately.

Why?

Troll trying to redirect us to his site. Ban him.

Not if you’re mentoring a CFA.

According to Google, it’s both a noun and a verb.

And according to that famous relic of a book that has words in it with descriptions of those words…

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mentor

^ curse you and your knowledge!

If someone gives you bad advice, are they a Dementor?

“CFA will guarantee a FO job.”

^Looks like an average day at the office for me.

^^Is that an actual scene from HP? I don’t remember seeing that…

yes it is.

^ Dudley being attacked by dementors - book 5 (Order of the Phoenix) or 6 (Half-Blood Prince).

Sadly, I did not have to google any of that.

Somebody asked me last week if I knew anything about Harry Potter. I responded that I knew two things:

1. You don’t choose the wand, the wand chooses you.

2. There’s a Gollum/Yoda-looking creature that is your slave, but if you give it a piece of your wardrobe, you accidentally set it free.

^

1. Says Mr Ollivander.

2. An elf.

Dammit, my BSD points are vanishing like Gryffindor’s when Snape would fine Harry & friends …

Happy potter slumped a bit, but didn’t make a move to run away or attack. “On your knees,” Draco said.

looks like Groot spitting on RR

I read recently that Dan Radcliffe has banned women (or men) from making Harry Potter references in the bedroom and kicks them out. What a loser, 95% of the reason to sleep with him to say things like “you may be a Gryffindor, but you can Slytherin me any day”

^ You seem to have spent a lot of time thinking of what to say when sleeping with Daniel Radcliffe.

Expelliarmus?

alrite, let’s admit it, who wouldn’t die a happy person if you got to have your way with hermione in the gryffindor outfit.

another random thought. if that going-back-in-time device works, why wasn’t it used to go back and stop voldemort.

Didn’t Harry Potter bang a horse or something in that play?

IIRC, it doesn’t let you go forward in time so someone would really have to take one for the team. I mean, if you’re going to try to kill voldemort then you’d have to do it back when he was a kid because he was too powerful as even as a teen for most wizards. By the time they found out how evil he really was that would mean some dude going back 30 years, killing a boy, then having to stick around in a time he didn’t belong.

Would you go back in time to kill Hitler if you had to live the rest of your life from 1930 on?

Edit: Plus I think it’s about an hour per turn of the locket-thing. That’s too many turns. I’d get distracted by something…probably Hermione.