Happy Diwali People!

[original post removed]

Had to google what Diwali is. This is the top news story (spoiler: it features SRK):

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29735566

Diwali is Hindu’s main festival. Celebrated throughout India. We call our relatives and friends have a feast , distribute sweets and burst a lot of crackers. Yeah I dont like SRK so not goin to his movie.

You’re now my favorite Indian on AF.

That makes two of us!

His movies do not have any substance. Just some grand songs, lot of overacting and a lot of hype:P

His older movies had substance. I dislike Shah Rukh too, My man Aamir is where it’s at.

Happy Diwali to the Hindus btw, might burst a couple of crackers.

EDIT : It seems even the Jains celebrate it in anticipation of attaining Moksha. Happy Diwali to them too.

According to Obama, Hindus, Jains, Sikhs and some Buddhists celebrate Diwali. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuiAW_6XKVM

In any case, we don’t really need an excuse to burst firecrackers and eat fried sweet stuff. And gamble. But “celebration of triumph of good over evil” is as good a cover as any.

Happy Diwali, hope ya’ll have a wonderful time with family and friends.

Oh yeah Sikhs are the happy people of India , they really dont need a festival to celebrate- Life is party! But you should see the happiness on poor people’s faces on Diwali. We with all the money degress and comfort always crave for better and bigger things but they are happy even with the left overs. We give left over food and crackers to the poor…and that is their happy diwali.

kinda extreme no? what did the white man ever do to you?

I recently attended a Sikh wedding and I am finally convinced of the saying that more whisky is consumed in the Punjab than is produced is Scotland.

And all this has become a major problem in punjab that it has led to drug abuse, harassment and beer/whisky/local daruu/drugs other than money for votes in state elections and i heard 80% of the punjabi youths in the state are jobless. I dont think any reform from our govt is gonna help the state. I think Pakistan punjab is also facing similar issues.

lol

interesting, one of my best mates from school is Sikh and he doesn’t drink at all. Mad toker though, wake and baker.

best laugh of the day

Merry Christmas, ray22!! Ho ho ho!!

What’s that? You don’t celebrate Christmas? Oh…ummm…uhhhhhhhh…

…awkward…

Meh.