GOP = Party of old white guys

Okay, white still holds, but not old or guy in this particular case.

A 30-year-old upstate New York Republican on Tuesday made history by becoming the youngest woman elected to the US Congress, shattering a record set before she was born. Elise Stefanik, a former White House aide to president George W. Bush, won New York’s upstate 21st district, beating her Democrat rival, film producer Aaron Woolf.

http://news.yahoo.com/york-voters-elect-youngest-woman-us-congress-044554258.html

Harvard wins again.

Congress or bust?

She definitely had the proper support.

Results didn’t come in to just under the wire.

Her husband celebrated by enjoying his favorite pasttime - motorboating.

She has big boobs.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/04/politics/south-carolina-tim-scott-digital/index.html

Black republican wins in South Carolina. Not all white guys.

Thank you for (AHEM) keeping me abreast of the situation.

One swallow. Still winter.

BBBBBBust

Regardless of yesterday’s results, Republicans will have to find a way to get more support among Hispanics and women in 2016 in order to win the White House. Yesterday was a referendum on Obama. Obama won’t be running in 2016.

^ What ever happened to Condi Rice?

So small that it is insignificant.

Mia Love, a female African-American republic, won in Utah. Also, there was big shift with millennials going hard for Republicans.

I clicked into this thread thinking it would be a The National lyric

She teaches Poly Sci at Stanford. Ohai probably hits that on the side.

FTFY. Ohai lives in NYC now, remember?

Dude, alumni events are where all the action’s at.

Bush wasn’t running in 2008 either.

Cubans vote republican.

If Republicans want to pick up the minority vote, the best way is to field a minority candidate. Because who are we kidding? People are racist.

Of course, they are probably not ready to nominate anyone but an old white guy for President. So that means one scenario is that they choose Marco Rubio, CFAvsMBA or similar as the Vice Presidential candidate. They don’t even have to say anything different on immigration policy. The same thing sounds different coming from different people.

Romney was actually more popular than Obama among white women. While getting more women votes would still help the 2016 Republican candidate, it would be even better if they could attract minority women votes specifically. So, it would be even better if they could find a black or Hispanic women to run for Vice President.

I think the Democrats will go back to old white guy nominees if Obama is not more popular in 2016 (not that it is entirely his fault).

except Hilary = guaranteed victory. easily get the majority of female voters as well as minorities and die-hard democrats. plus, she’s the only potential candidate who is known in global leader circles so would probably be much more effective in foreign affairs than any other candidate, on the both sides of the aisle. further, she’s basically a celebrity so the majority of moderate voters will lean toward her whether they agree with her stances or not.

if Hilary is the Democratic candidate, i’ll bet anything right now, that she wins by one of the greatest margins in the past 2 or 3 decades, if not ever (i don’t know much about U.S. political history prior to the last 80 years or so, so i can’t say this for sure).