15 colleges with best paying grad degrees

(cut and paste still not working)

This is from thinkadvisor.com. Get your hacksaws ready.

1. Harvard Law
  2. Emory Law
  3. Santa Clara University Law
  4. Stanford Business
  5. UCLA Law
  6. Pepperdine Law
  7. Harvard Business
  8. Georgetown Law
  9. Wharton (business, Univ. of Pennsylvania)
  10. Columbia Law
  11. USC Law
  12. Cal-Berkeley Business
  13. Columbia Business
  14. Fordham Law
  15. MIT business (Sloan)

Note that the rankings are strictly based on highest-paying, hence why there may be so many California and NYC schools.

My .02 - Santa Clara University School of Law > UCLA > USC? Sounds strange somehow.

Yale Law didn’t make the cut? But Emory is #2?

What would be the Annual Delta of the 15th Program and the first program in terms of the payment ? Any Ideas ?

You know who we never talk about? Princeton. They’re always left off these lists but I’m pretty sure it’s, like, a pretty good school.

Indeed. However, as you probably know, Princeton has neither a law school nor a business school, and does not have many other graduate programs either. So, it is usually irrelevant to people who have already graduated from college.

Someone doesn’t realize that colleges (in the US) are undergraduate institutions. Universities grant graduate degrees (and may have attached colleges). You can’t get any of these degrees from a college.

But it’s called Princeton University…so what gives?

^ Really? I honestly did not know that. I thought college was just a US term for university.

Well, Princeton offers some graduate degrees… just not very many. Places like Amherst or Swarthmore do not call themselves “universities” because they only have undergraduate programs.

Ok, so I looked up Princeton’s grad programs (found here), and I got to say, I’m displeased. Hellenic Studies? That sounds like a great way to spend $45k.

My interest in replaying Total War: Rome II just increased.

Given the availability quality graduate programs like this, it is surprising that a high rate of underemployment exists among graduates who seek to work in the field of studying women named Helen.

^You’re forced to watch all seven seasons of Mad About You.

Stanford is pretty good, for a junior university.

Pepperdine Law ? I gotta call B.S. on that one. Pepperdine isn’t even considered a top-50 law school.

Now why the fk would I listen to some journalist from a hacksaw school who doesn’t understand statistical analysis in order to draw inferences for a list like this. I’m going to mail that liberal loser a hacksaw!

^Yeah, what a poser.

Perhaps it’s where the children of rich Malibu families go to study law, and then charge the locals very high sums to process their divorces. After all, the list is not for who gets the most prestigious jobs, it’s presumably for who earns the most money right out of school. It may not be just the school, but who goes there, that makes the difference.

^Hence why I said that there are a lot of CA schools on the list.

Where I live, minimum wage probably buys a better standard of living than $100,000 in Malibu.

And @BChad - is that the difference between a “college” and a “university”? A University offers a post-grad curriculum?

or Stanford Law? hmmm