Sleeping at work

I have a friend who by some circumstances has a room to himself at work,he happens to have a bathroom in there too,since the other table is not occupied and he is not that much high in the food chain to have a sofa,every single day he takes the bathroom door out of the door hinges places it on the two tables and takes a nap,the funny thing is some times he forgets to lock the door,and he has been caught a few times by myself and others sleeping1-2 hours off after luch like this

So where’s the news…Isn’t this normal corporate practice?

Me and a collegue were taking a tour of a client’s factory last week. The President of the company was walking us through various stations (Imagine huge hydraulic presses and laser cutters) telling us each phase of the process. We get to one station and the guy running the machine was asleep with his he down on his workbench. This is a loud place as you can imagine but they were all wearing ear plugs. The president stood there for a minute or so explaining that phase of the process and then we walked to the next station. The guy never knew the president of the company came by although I’m guessing his colleagues told him as soon as we left. I wonder if he has a job this week.

New Study Finds Americans Need 6 Hours Of Sleep At Work http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-study-finds-americans-need-6-hours-of-sleep-at,28799/

PHILADELPHIA—A study published Monday in the Annals Of Internal Medicine concludes that the average American needs at least six full hours of uninterrupted sleep at work in order to leave the office feeling refreshed and alert. “Millions of people are staying up way too late at work,” said endocrinologist Hannah Presnall, adding that in order for the body to function properly, workers should arrive at their job, check and send e-mails for two to three hours, and be asleep by 11:30 a.m. at the latest. “More and more people are pulling all-dayers and drinking coffee just to keep themselves awake for meetings and conference calls. But when compared with their better-rested coworkers, these individuals are far more likely to suffer from fatigue and decreased cognitive performance at home.” The study recommends that adults who continually find themselves awake at work take Ambien first thing in the morning so they can fall asleep as soon as they arrive at the office.

Yeah my friend worked at an IB shop where they were there 120 hrs a week. They basically lived at the office. It was M&A so when there were active deals, they were at their desks. However, other times it would get slow and they had this sofa room where everyone would sleep with their blackberries on their hip.

If another deal went live, they would jump up, hit the bathroom for a quick line of coke, and be ready to go.

It’s hard to know where to begin with expressing how terrible this sounds.

Sounds like the life i really want to live. It would be my dream come true

I heard that the key is to get access to the lactation room. It’s quiet there, there are sofas, and no one bothers you.

why go to all the trouble of taking the door off its hinges to put over 2 desks? surely the floor or the seat would be more comfortable.

and that M&A lifestyle sounds terrible, why would any sane person choose that route over the buyside or hedge funds?

and lactation room? Does that word mean something different in American English?

Probably the same. It’s a room where new mothers can pump breast milk while at work.

breeeeeeaaaaast miiiiiiilllllk, you made my daaaaaaaayyyyyy

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKhiSs2VRpg align:left]

One of my friends worked for a major IB’s operations in Texas. They had an empty room called the nap room or something. It was first come first serve but people would sleep under the desk, so no one would see. If that wasn’t an option, they’d take naps on the toilet. *miserable*

People do that here. The mothers put their schedules on the door so people know not to nap during their time.

I either nap in the toilet or in the multi-faith prayer room…