Does FRM Help in getting admitted in a good Mfin/Msc Finance ?

I know gpa,gmat and work experience are important but does FRM Help in showing your quant skills for a decent msc fin program ?I am not intersted in MBA for my own personal reasons unless its top 3 which I have a low chance of attending.

No. It is very very likely that the admissions officers will have never heard of FRM.

@wendy checking top Mfin Programs ,most require or prefer candidates with highly quant background (mine is business). I guess I have to spend time on Gmat after the FRM &Uni degree.

But thinking out loud the admissions officer for an Finnace program not know what FRM is ? I sam some risk &fin programs claiming there program meets GARP standards.

most require candidates with quants background?? seems like i should forger about MFin now

Focus on the GMAT and other aspects of your application. Pursuing the FRM would be a waste of your time.

is mfin selection criterion the same as mba? good gmat score,cgpa, work ex, leadership qualities, co-curricular etc(plus a quant background as he said above) would having a cfa help?

I agree.

Heck, I’d say at least half of them never heard of CFA either

The people in the admissions office are not academics, they’re administrators. Think of them kind of like HR.

@higgmond&greenman for some personal reason I its best I get a good MFin from top university.My current bachelor I am studying is business(Accounting actually).Any suggestions to improve my chance ? I mean I havent studies statistics/maths/Electrical eng to show I am that quant based

I went the MBA route, not MFin, so unfortunately I can’t really help.

LOL

These designations employ the best marketing people.

@former trader I agree %100.Most of their target market is in Asian and Developing Countries

^ It’s a reality check when these people reach the job market and realize that experience is actually more than just a detail.