KSA king dead,oil prices shifting up ?

[original post removed]

Might go up for a few bps x a few days but I doubt it will sustain. Nothing has changed fundamentally and his brother is not known for having any views that are radically diff from his bro. So no.

doubt it. prob lots of other men behind the scenes actaully running the show

The oil minister is the dude who matters, and he’s not dead. I don’t expect much change, with the exception of maybe a slight bump for a day or two.

And the half-brother that took over has dementia. This should work out swimmingly.

Just learnt that this late KSA’s dad had 22 wives and 45 kids - dude! I thought their religion allowed 2 wives…

Short term yes. Unless the brother shuffles the cabinet and replaces the oil minister, which is possible. Long term, concerns about Saudi stability domestically will continue to grow. Unemployment is high, religious tensions are climbing. And the royals are somewhat in disarray. An Arab Spring type situation there would be a major market mover for oil.

Yea, the fact that the next generation has so many Prince’s is not a good structural foundation for smooth transitions.

I would say no, things should continue as under Abdullah. Salman is a stroke survivor, but Muqrin is a lot younger, and supposed to be pretty capable along with being a close Abdullah ally. The real trouble will start when he dies.

Wow, that is true BSD.

@shootforthestars1 their religion allows 4 wives at the same time.You can Use the FIFO Algorithm to change the wives.

@Everybody Irans stance and the diplomatic talks should have a def impact on the oil price in the next year