Do you ink ?

Who has tattoos here ?

I never got the guts to get one…

I almost got one when pished when I was younger but thankfully didn’t.

I noticed at the gym during the January rush that virtually every guy under 25 had almost a full sleeve tattoo.

None for me. The thought of paying someone a lot of money to put me through a lot of pain and torutre just to leave a permanent mark that I might not want in a week kinda turned me off.

And I don’t like them on women either. Big turn-off.

I inky.

Got tattoos, but not visible in the office, both upper arms and a small one on the forearm.

CFA logo on the small of my back.

I don’t have any yet, but I’m fine with getting one for a major life event. If you are going to use your body as a canvass for something, you better stay in good shape. I’m fine with a tasteful tat here or there.

I have none but I’ve broken 2 wedding rings and I might just get a band tattooed on my ring finger instead. i never got comfortable wearing a ring and its something I’ve considered.

My wife has a chinese character right above her asscrack. She was told it meant love. I guess it more closely translates to “to give love,” according to a family friend. And it’s right above her ass. I might joke about that from time to time.

^^

So your wife has a tramp-stamp which means “to give love” ? How about the joke is on you ?

You’re going to have to get that removed if you ever stop paying CFAI dues…

As for me, I’m too much of a committmentphobe to have a tatoo

… though I do see that there are some e-ink tattoos that are programmable (http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/moodinq-tattoo.shtml)

Never understood tattoos. To me it’s like putting a bumper sticker on a Lambo.

Matter of fact, I can only imagine the horrors I would have on my body had I gotten tattoos when I was 18-22.

Me too.

I considered as a teen but never did, they look retarded. Girls with tattoos are a big turn-off…probably a huge slut…like a girl with a tongue ring, good for a one nighter…but never wife material.

I would get a tattoo if it meant something. Nothing really means that much to me right now. Even then It would be small. Like a car key size probably. I don’t understand the big one piece tats.

At the last job I worked at, there were a lot of really attractive young women, age 22-25 or so. But most of them sported big tattoos on their leg or back or something. There was one girl who was blond, airheaded, nice, personable, and had a giant gothic cross on her back. Every time she wore something sheer on her back it just stuck out like a sore thumb.

Almost all of them said, “Oh, I got it when I was 18. A few friends of mine all got together and wanted to get one, so I did too.”

I just wanted to ask, “Did you think about what it would look like when you turn 60? 70? 80?”

The new one, in blue, green, and purple?

There was a scene in Caprica where a guy points to different tatoos on his arm and explains a set of key events in his life by the abstract designs he tattoed there. It was a bit like reading a totem pole, but a personal history rather than a family one (though the two are interconnected somewhat).

I always thought if I ever got tatoos, I would do it like that. Small marks that are fairly abstract but have significance in terms of my personal history: Birth of children, death of parents, major relationships, first job at Goldman, etc…

Sorry but I’m going to have to call bullsh!t on that one.

No way you’ve been in a relationship.

I never understand this rationale. Most people, frankly, look like sh!t by the time they are 60, let alone 70 or 80. Why would tattoos matter to anyone at all at that point? Unless they are on your face, for most people they will be covered.

^ Agreed 100%.