MBA's as cars

http://www.mbaapply.com/advice.htm

This was a good laugh.

Some of those analogies actually make some sense. Although, most Harvard or Stanford graduates can only wish that they were driving Rolls Royces or Ferraris…

Also, since the car analogies descend into pedestrian brands like Honda or Toyota without leaving the top 10 or so MBA programs, what car would be used to describe the hundreds of other accredited MBA programs in the US? Presumably, there would still be a long list of unassigned MBA programs once the author has exhausted his catalog of Tata Nanos, tuk tuks and bicycles.

LOL this list is just too funny

My MBA as a Car.

This is pretty spot on as an analogy. My favorite is Yale SOM as a Mazda MIata. He doesn’t say what he really means, which is, “Yale SOM is like a Mazda Miata, because people think its a hot sports car, because of the Yale name, but in reality, you’re driving a something that looks like a Porsche but isn’t.”

^Or because Miatas fit into that whole Yale thing.

^ Damn you beat me to it. Haha. Yale Thing…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NyzQwwO4Os

Didn’t see the world acclaimed UTSA, that’s often mentioned around here, on the list…

I’d say UTSA is more of a regional powerhouse.

That whole Yale thing is real.

Does Stanford really deserve to be that high? Yeah it’s in SV, but it seems in finance H & W are far better represented at the top.

Not everyone wants to do finance.

yep. tech is more lucrative now anyways. considering the fact that you get equity as oppose to bonuses.

Tech values MBAs less.

That would be the Bugatti Veyron Supersport.

edit - or the Toyota Tundra, since they’re built in San Antonio.

+1 I think of this every time someone says Yale.

My biz school would be a rusted out F150.

Respect.

I feel like starting a Hacksaw MBA Clan.

I don’t know anything about Stanford, but I suspect you are way better off at Harvard, Booth or Wharton for finance. Hell even consulting.

Stanford gets you close to the action in SV, but it does not have the alumni base that those other places have. It’s all about the alumni base and who recruits where. Even at a hacksaw school like Wharton has all the top PE and HFs recruiting from it.

^yep. strictly imo. investment industry = network determines your networth. in tech i dun really know, but i know a person from my class. went to berekely. made an app for food delivery. gets bought out for $90m by a tiger cub. i saw it on linked in didnt think much. 6 mos later i read about it in a jp morgan report. it was a DAFUQ! moment?

True but for every dot.com billionaire you have a Bill Ackman (HBS). I wonder if we just hear more about people getting rich in the valley because the information will be public. Nobody really gets to hear exactly how much an MD at Goldman makes in a given year. But I’m wilkling to bet theirs a lot of people scoring big in finance as well.