Why Isn't this Guy Being Called A Mass Murderer???

If he was Arab, Pakistani, Indian; every news outlet would be going crazy with the words terrorist. Same thing with the Sandy Hook shooter, didn’t hear the term mass murderer used.

So apparently here is the cheat sheet for how to refer to mass-murderers by race:

Black - Thug/Murderer

Arab/Pakistani/Indian - Terrorist (preferably Islamic Terrorist)

Asian - Deranged Killer

Hispanic - Foreign Born Killer (preferably Alien)

White - Distraught/Depressed/Suffering Mental Illness

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/report-co-pilot-on-doomed-flight-had-psychological-treatments-in-past/2015/03/27/b1818c48-d40b-11e4-8b1e-274d670aa9c9_story.html?hpid=z1

Good question.

I guess that depends on your defiinition of the word terrorist. In my opinion he is not a terrorist because (from what I can tell) he did this due to some mental illness and not because he was trying to coerce the government or further his political or social agenda. Andreas Brevik was a terrorist… This co-pilot is not.

“Why Isn’t this Guy Being Called A Mass Murderer?”

I’m NOT asking why isn’t he being called a terrorist; I’m asking why he isn’t being called a Mass murderer.

I was just saying that people would jump to conclusions if the co-pilot was muslim

But the odds are if he was Muslim, it may actually be terroism. . .

Well, our society does require some kind of due process to play out before declaring someone a murderer. But if the final story is generally in line with the current one, I’d say yeah he is a mass murderer. Locally some rich white kid, son of a police chief, went on a rampage at a party and hacked up five people to death. Serious mental illness was involved, but he is still referred to as a mass murderer despite his class and race. I think you’re being overly sensitive to the race issue to be honest. There are plenty of white guys labeled as mass murderers. Its just too early in the investigation to say for sure what exactly went down.

Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror.

But the co-pilot is being called a mass murderer? That is what the official investigators have said and it is being widely repeated in the media.

I’ll call him a mass murderer. What other description fits? It’s hard to conceive of a more evil act than killing 149 people who trusted you and, furthermore, were powerless to stop the event as it was happening.

BTW, I’m having a hard time of finding an example of a mass murderer who was female.

He is a mass murderer. I dont get your point. I don’t see many people not ready to admit that this guy was not a mass murderer.

I’ve heard several talking heads calling him a mass murderer.

Read the news much Zesty? Apparently not.   Every media outlet in the world is calling Lubitz a mass murderer. “Andreas Lubitz: Knee-jerk reaction to 9/11 enabled mass murder” (The Independent) “Andreas Lubitz Committed Mass Murder, Not Suicide” (Slate) “Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz Mass Murder: A Name that will Live in Infamy” (FOX News) “Mass-murder co-pilot ‘had extended history of mental illness’” (The Australian) “Mass murder-suicide by co-pilot of crashed German plane confirmed” (Torquay Herald Express) “Prosecutor Effectively Accuses Germanwings Co-Pilot Of Mass Murder” (Texas Public Radio) “Germanwings Crash Was Premeditated Mass Murder” (Daily Beast) “The Germanwings crash wasn’t just suicide, it was mass murder” (Quartz)

He was a mass murder’n jew hat’n, tree hugging, black, hispanic male terrorist who looks asian but is actually from India.

Cover enough or you still trying to capture some attention?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention he hates women and childern. Especially childern

^ and puppies!

He killed mass amounts of puppies too?!? What, did he work for PETA?

https://www.petakillsanimals.com/

As noted above, he is being called a mass murderer. He isn’t reported as a terrorist because, at least based on the current information, not one. The definition of terrorist is “a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims”.

There is no evidence that this was politically motivated and apparently evidence that he was a nut.

To explain to the obtuse, terrorism is more serious because it is systematic.

So it can’t be diversified away?

I’ll show myself out…

On the topic of co-pilots, I’m reminded of Air France 447, which crashed in the Atlantic in 2009. This article in Popular Mechanics details how this crash happened. The cause was human error, primarily from the junior co-pilot (which was certainly not his intent). Long read, but good.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/a3115/what-really-happened-aboard-air-france-447-6611877/

I’d say all three pilots can share the blame equally. All the captain had to say when he got to the cockpit was, gentleman, take your hands off the joysticks. An analogy would be spinning your tires while in mud and never taking your foot off the gas. You’re just digging yourself in deeper. So sad. Almost unbelievable. I wonder if any of them had much time in small planes teaching…my guess would be no.

He’s not a murderer. The system failed him. He’s a victim just like everyone else. Give him his due respects.

Who will take the bait?