friend juss got in to London Business school. BSD walkin.

motivated to apply this year now.

Its my wish to study A post grad Mfin-MBA there.

Good for him. Was he already in the UK?

nah american. chinese descent. and its a she.

Ok. At least with London, I can sort of believe that she is going for academic or career reasons, and doesn’t just want to hang out in Europe for a while (i.e. every American who goes to INSEAD ever).

That’s awesome. Grats to her. I got accepted this year too. Though still debating options.

Why? I don’t know of a single trader/investment banker who doesn’t want to work in the US, except for the 40+ one’s who want to go to the middle east for a tax-free income and bonuses

Keep in mind that if you’re a dude, getting admitted to school X will be more difficult for you than it was for her. All of the top b-schools are keen to enroll more females.

Well, that’s the general course of action in any student exchange program (except maybe for ambitious students from emerging economies). The EU-internal exchange ERASMUS is by many now referred to as ORGASMUS. I guess I don’t have to explain how people ridicule the transatlantic exchange JOINT-STUDY.

Besides, what’s the deal with LBS? Sure, they are among the top 5 in most rankings, but when I think of premium finance education in Europe it is LSE, ETH Zürich, and Cambridge in exactly that order. I guess LBS became one of those rich kid clubs that self-perpetuate their reputation. Then again I look at the rankings that put INSEAD in first place and ask myself, are those people completely insane. The best business school of Europe IN FRANCE?! That’s like saying the Arctic is the best place to study howler monkeys.

Haha love the bit about erasmus. I did a study year in Europe and while I had tons of fun it was a total waste academically. But it was fun and I experienced things I never would have otherwise so I don’t regret it. But yeah most americans studying abroad are (rich) white girls pretending to be sophisticated.

Did she do anything special, or was this article just because she is a girl?

I’d probably agree, but this is pretty much the same story with elite US MBAs. For whatever reason top MBA programs seemed to have figured out how act as a feeder to the better jobs.

rich ppl are more fun than smart ppl.

The reason is that bulge bracket banks etc don’t trust their human resources departments to hire quality employees. So they leave it to the admissions teams of the top business schools to sort promising competent people from goofballs. It’s a terribly inefficient system – yet probably still better than the alternatives.

If it’s the program I think it is, then yeah, it’s very female friendly. Not to take anything away from your sister

Reminds me of when I went to the MIT admissions talk for undergrads, and they had some ugly chick explain how the school is not a sausage fest.