Share your work out and eating routines

I hit the gym 3 times a week focusing on compound movements and using a split routine which is :

1)Legs+Shoulders+Cardio(I do cardio on this day so my legs dont get any bigger,I have a problem buying jeans)

2)Chest+Biceps+Abs

3)Back+Triceps+Obliques

Home training:

1)Suspension training using TRX and the X mount on the wall

2)An Shaun T insanity work out of my choice to get the plyometric system going

Eating:

I am trying to start an intermittent fasting routine and focusing mainly on protein and fats,however due to various reasons my eating habits are not something I am entirely proud of.

Used to work out 75-90 minutes a day, 5 days week, before I had kids. Now I’m lucky to get to the gym twice a week for 30 minutes. That being said we’re likely buying a house in the burbs in the near future in which case I’ll build out a home gym. Already priced it out with the equipment that I want and comes out to 20-25k all-in.

Its a gruelling task to keep yourself motivated to work out at the home gym.You have to commit somehow.Thats why I think twice about having kids,lucky thing is my wife is studying 24/7 for her surgery exams at school and after will be involved so much in nose jobs and implants that having kids is a luxury.

Typically twice a week, but occasionally three times a week I work out for exactly one hour. This is my routine:

Two sets of 105 pushups.

One set of 30 one arm curles (1,1,2,2,3,3,etc) using 30 lb weights.

One set of 30 front raises held vertical using 20 lbs.

One set of 30 front raises held horizontal using 20 lbs.

One set of 30 lateral raises using 15 lbs.

Two sets of 2.5 minute planks.

One set of 50 hyperextensions (back extensions).

One set (each side) of 50 side crunches using the same machine as the back extensions.

Run just a hair over one mile at a 5:20 pace (unlikely goal is sub 5 minute mile by New Years).

If I do all this and rock climb during the week I feel like I stay in a good level of fitness given the time spent. It is also important that my gf homecooks all our meals with our rule being about 80% of the plate should be vegetables. I do have a kid, which is part of the reason I switched from a more distance oriented workout regimin to a more intensity based one after I began re-assessing where I spent my time.

If having kids is not that important to you and your wife, all the power to you. If you do want kids though and are waiting for a convenient time to have them, be prepared to never have kids because there is never a convenient time to have them.

You try the gym in somerville yet? Ive been twice now and love it

http://brooklynboulders.com/somerville/

That looks really sweet, but I’ve got a membership going at Central Rock Gym and they’ve got one just a few minutes from my work so a couple of us go about three times a week for like an hour after work.

either your are kidding or some1 misguided you but that kind of workout wont add you a single pound of muscle mass or any sort of strength! you need a weight training forum way more than AF!

This is about to get interesting.

I am focused solely my white-boy swag. I do eat healthy, consistently. Being 23 with a tennis player build, I am also blessed to be able to stuff my face with whatever i desire with no consequences. Once i get to a role where my job performance dictates my success, i will start working toward my peak physique. Otherwise, it’s cfa studies/networking/excel skills all day until i’m where I want to be.

I’m not trying to build mass. It’s basically a weight based cardio workout designed to fit the requirements of ww kayaking and rock climbing while keeping me from getting fat. My older brother tied for second in the pa state games for weight lifting years ago, squated 680 and benched 475 while weighing 240 and was a full scholarship linebacker, my younger brother set his college’s record for most touchdowns in a game as a freshman tailback and I was a golden gloves boxer and used to run 50 mile ultramararhons. My cousin was a fully sponsored professional bodybuilder who now has his own supplements and training firm. I’m A ok on the fitness advice, if I want advice on how to get khan’s 20 pack abs I’ll be sure to hit you up, k thx bye!

whatever i said was with all due respect and to help out a fellow AFer whose workout program i did not consider to be correct

BS real question here how come you only do 1 set of most items? i’ve always been under the impression you need at least 2-3 sets of one exercise

"e=Black Swan]

I’m not trying to build mass. It’s basically a weight based cardio workout designed to fit the requirements of ww kayaking and rock climbing while keeping me from getting fat. My older brother tied for second in the pa state games for weight lifting years ago, squated 680 and benched 475 while weighing 240 and was a full scholarship linebacker, my younger brother set his college’s record for most touchdowns in a game as a freshman tailback and I was a golden gloves boxer and used to run 50 mile ultramararhons. My cousin was a fully sponsored professional bodybuilder who now has his own supplements and training firm. I’m A ok on the fitness advice, k thx bye!

[/quote]
"

k welcome bye

At the gym I do a circuit routine:

6 minutes wandering up and down rows of cardio machines looking for an elliptical directly behind a good looking girl

4 minutes untangling 17 knots from the headphones I used less than 24 hours ago

3 minutes setting and then resetting the machine to the proper elevation, body weight, resistance and time

6 more minutes searching for a machine that actually works, this time almost certainly adjacent to a fellow fat guy who sounds like he’s 30 seconds away from death

5 minute cool down, take a lap around the weight room

4 minutes talking to the guy from work/college/high school who refuses to abide by the social norm of pretending you don’t know someone when you run into them in a non-social situation

7 minutes staring at a muted TV reading the closed captioning on a 6 year old episode of Chopped

That’s 35 minutes, the ideal length of a workout. Time to hit the showers.

For what it’s worth, I meant my feedback with the least amount of respect possible.

I’m 5’10", 190 lbs, and run a 5:20 mile split. Ideally I’d be 10 lbs lighter but I was born with my brothers’ build. That being said, I’m obviously not fat, just working out to maintain practical fitness as it applies to my sports.

+1

you should put it up on your AF profile so people would know not to advice you on workout matters as your workout looked grossly wrong for what most of the people train for-mass or strength or weight loss