Ok, Warren Buffett may be on to something

I don’t necessarily agree with Buffett’s investing style, but in this clip he makes a great case for buying and holding that I’d never really considered before. It’s not directly related to investing even…more of a philosophical point of view so I thought it more appropriate for the WC vs Investments.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

I hate you.

^In other words, please don’t move it to the Black Hole of Death (a.k.a. the Investments section…or worse…the Feedback Forum).

Greenman, please move your comment to the feedback forum.

Is this still a thing?

The more I think about it, the 80s were freakin’ weird. The 70s were funky and the 60s were groovy, but at least they were self-consciously weird about it. What makes the 1980s weird is that they thought they were being normal…

Haha nice. That video is always a crowd pleaser.

For those that can view YouTube at work, here’s the TL;DR of what Mr. Buffett said:

He’s never going to give stocks up. They’re never going to let him down. He’s never going to run around and desert them. They’re never going to make him cry. He’s never going to say goodbye. They’ll never tell a lie and hurt him.

^ You wouldn’t get that from any other guy

Buffet is really losing touch. Dumping so much cash into precious Metal. The man can’t even tell real Gold from fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRfZzU3e3X0

I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you. - Abe Simpson

youre learning well young one. well done

On the Buffett subject, anybody have any idea how he pays the CEOs of his portfolio companies. He says that other companies don’t want him to sit on their Compensation Committees, but I don’t recall much detail on what he does for his own executives.

A quick Google search yielded this video on that exact topic.

https://vimeo.com/2619976

^I had written “Thanks. I’ll take a look at that”, but something didn’t feel right…