The Basketball Thread

Given last night’s epic comeback by the Golden State Warriors (Steph Curry made some amazing shots), I thought i would start this thread in honor of the NBA playoffs.

Who do you think is gonna win it all this year?

I have my money on GSW, once they can continue on the path that they are on.

The NBA playoffs don’t start until game 3 of the conference finals.

I have really mixed feelings about the NBA.

I like the NBA, but there are too many games, and they happen every night. So I can only really follow one team, and I choose the Spurs.

However, both the Spurs and the Mavs have TV rights out here. And my cable provider only shows Mavs games. So the only team that I really want to watch is the only team I can’t watch. (Literally–I can watch every other team in the NBA, either though local TV or NBA Game Time. But since the Spurs have bought the TV rights, the Spurs games are blacked out on NBA Game Time.)

Plus, the regular season ends on April 15. By that time, I’ve missed the entire regular season. (I don’t start watching basketball until after the AFC/NFC Championships.)

So once the playoffs start, I’ve missed the whole regular season. So what’s the point of picking it up then?

Basketball has too much scoring.

Hockey and soccer (football) have too little.

^ The NHL averaged 5.3 goals and 60 shots per game this past season. That ain’t bad.

Steph Curry with the shot boi!!

Chicago wins it this year.

Q: Why is basketball > hockey?

A: Because you can see the ball.

Chicago, really? Lets hope DRose stays healthy. A Cavs Bulls series should be pretty exciting though.

I hear you Greenman. I stopped paying attention to the regualr season for the same reason, too much to keep up with. I take in a game here and there (mostly the nationally televised ones) and then I zone in on the playoffs.

Sad to say my fave team is the Lakers (they won’t be relevant for the next couple of years unfortunately). Aside from that I just want to see good basketball from good/great teams.

I’ll pick up with the NBA playoffs in another month when they still have another series left. As usual I’m Go Spurs Go. F the Mavs (along with every other team from Dallas). I truthfully don’t care about the Rockets.

Agreed. I don’t like the Stars, either.

The teams from Arlington, however, are a different story.

Go Bucks!

Sorry for your Spurs…

Grizz - Warriors series is going to be interesting from here on out. Two totally contrasting styles. Memphis just might have enough perimeter defenders and size to upset GS as long as Connelly stays healthy. Splash bros are so much fun to watch and if you appreciate defense at all, Tony Allen is an artist.

Lets talk about the Rockets!

Haven’t watched a single game since the Spurs were eliminated.

If I cared, I’d probably pull for a Clippers-Cavs finals. It’s hard to root for anyone in the East, but I do like LeBron James.

I haven’t followed NBA playoffs for a couple years, and wow the teams sure look different nowadays.

DeAndre Jordan shot 28 free throws last night IN THE FIRST HALF.

The game has become unwatchable.

Are you sure you still want to talk about the Rockets??? They are a HUGE disappointment (it isnt even surprising anymore). Howard is a waste and Harden has disappeared again from the biggest stage.

Clippers in 6

You are right. Thankfully the game was a blowout, so I stopped watching in the 3rd. I feel for the patrons that are spending their money to watch a half of basketball taking over 80 minutes to be completed because of a Hack-A-…

Hopefully the NBA changes this rule for next season and I think if the Hack-A-whoever continues into the Finals, the League will have no choice but to amend the rule for fear of losing patrons.