I hate changing tires

I don’t understand how those bike shop guys are so good at it. I have changed many but still… I need a beer

changing tires is the best. true story.

haha i hope you bring a beer with this story

i did bring a beer. false story.

only good tire story i have is when i blew out my junk in cali and this postal lady in an F150 truck with these hot postal shorts picked me up and said she would drive me wherever i want

“Take me to Poundtown.”

Postal like US Postal Service, or postal like crazy?

^ is there a difference?

She worked for the USPS. She had these huge knockers and must have undid a button after work because they were coming out. I think she did want me to go to pound town but unfortunately I had to take this entrance exam scheduled way in advance.

She was definitely much better behaved than when this girl picked me up walking in an old school mustang 5.0 on coke who liked to drive fast…

I changed both tires today. Went on a ride and another one blew on me. Fack. 4 in 4 days.

Road or Mountain?

Pinch flat or thorns?

I’ve been procrastinating on patching the slow leak in my rear bike tire for 6 months now. Maybe this weekend…

Get some reinforced tires. Gatorskins or Armadillos. I have armadillos and have flatted once this year, and that was because I hit a 4 inch rock at about 25 mph.

And yeah changing tires sucks.

I assume you know the trick of putting a little liquid dish detergent on the rim to make it easier for the tire to slide on.

I’m guessing road. Mountain bike tires are comparatively easy to change.

this thread is so tiresome

3 road and 1 mountain flat 2 pinch flats on a road bike on hitting a cement 90 degree angle (unseen). 1 odd road bike flat that looked like it blew out the side of the front tire when I was turning (now I think I need a new tire). Mountain flat was some freak pop when after I changed the tire I was in the general area and heard a big bang. Some kind of pressure pop (never had that before). But yeah, changing tires on mountain bikes are a lot quicker.

hmm never tried this. is this for at home changes or you carry a little bottle for on the road changes too?

I keep a small bottle in my bag for road changes. A former riding buddy used to work in a shop and told me about it. Works great and as soon as you’re done you just squirt some water on it, wipe with your glove, and you have clean wheels to boot.

I don’t know much about bicycling - I’m more of a unicycle man myself - but is it normal for people to carry around spare tires with them? All the cyclists I see wear skin tight spandex. Where do they stash an extra tire?