what a sucker

the systems sucks, she deserves nothing, NOTHING

http://nypost.com/2015/06/29/underling-awarded-at-least-2m-as-horndog-ceo-loses-suit/

I don’t know. That guy sounds like a total scumbag. Maybe not $18mm worth of scumbag, but the woman was in the right. I’d award her $400k and new satin sheets.

igor, you are risking being banned by identifying itera in this thread.

I think the huge penalty was based on the idea that any reasonable compensation to the woman would be just a drop in the bucket in terms of the guy’s total assets, therefore something punitive was added to make it hurt (the article says just that, actually).

And yeah, the guy does sound like a total douchebag.

Should she get all that money, probably not; should he have to pay enough to make it hurt him, yes; will $18MM actually hurt him? I’m not sure.

Slick move by the woman. Sue for $850 million, take home $18 million.

We all have our price.

this guy forgot the important rule: don’t get attached to the eye candy, there’s plenty more out there

I think all the charges should have been dropped given the fact that she agreed to let him pay for her apartment.

I’d forgotten about that. The apartment appeared right at the end, and I thought “what?” where did that figure into things.

Well, this is basically a contest of who a sampling of jurors would hate more: a rich bastard or some slut. I guess they hated the rich bastard more…

“I saw a 6-foot-tall homeless black man named James lying on her bed. The man was totally naked, dirty, totally drunk and perhaps on illegal drugs,” Wey wrote to Bouveng’s father, Nils Sundqvist, in one e-mail entered into evidence.

She doesn’t discriminate.

The worst in my mind was that in opening testimony they stated that he lasted less than two minutes the first time. Pretty hard to come back from that one.

Yeah. Astronomical hourly minutely rate.

Just own it. “Sure, i lasted 2 minutes what’s your point?”

I was wondering how that is even remotely relevant in the case.

He should counter sue for defamation!

Obviously not.

Well, the jury did find for punitive damages.

I’m shocked she didn’t ‘commit suicide’ by jumping from a balcony before trial. A guy with that much chedder can make that accident happen.

Yeah, not particularly relevant, although since his lawyer’s strategy was to dig in to her sexual history in order to portray her as a slut that was gold-digging via the legal system, presumably her lawyers wanted to make sure that his sexual performance was also splattered all over the court record in as similar a quantity as possible.

Also, arguably, if the sex act lasted all but two minutes, his attorneys might argue that it was a short tryst and therefore didn’t involve long hours of holding down or battery or whatnot.

At the end of it all, it probably isn’t much relevant, but that probably won’t stop lawyers from figuring out some argument to get it out in the air anyway.