Neighbors

I guess if you live in any place for a few months or more you’re going to run into them. I have had a pretty good relationship with most of the neighbors I have had in the past 15 years or so. These are mostly apt complexes so main issue is usally loud noise(s) in a frequent and constant manner (ie. subwoofer too loud). But this dude. Lives below me - moved in a month ago and knocked on my door one day and said ‘I can hear your footsteps at night’. I was like hmm thats kinda creepy. He said, no I mean its keeping me up at night to the point that it is affecting my work from getting lack of sleep. I started laughing really hard and then said, ‘are you serious’? I mean I do have hardwood floors in some places and it might be loud if I was wearing wooden heels all the time or something (which im not). He started going into some sob story about how these footsteps were ruing his life. He came back for 2nd time about issue. Same sob story. Footsteps …I can’t focus at work… on sublease so can’t get out of lease… etc. I was about to ask him if he was a neurosurgeon and hit him in the face with sarcasm or literally was about to straight up punch him in the face. But, I don’t want to get legal with this and just hate it when lawyers get involved in domestic cases. So I behave when he bitches, but if it comes to the 3rd or 4th time, thats harassment. :slight_smile:

De’Andre? Is that you?

Even if he is over sensitive, he does have a right to complain. In fact, many NY rental agreements have a line that says 90% or so of the floor must be covered with carpets. This is rarely enforced, except when someone complains about foot noise.

Solution: Bring a friend over to your place. Go talk to your lower level neighbor and tell him you want to hear what it sounds like so you can better understand where he’s coming from. Have your friend walk around your apt in a normal manner. If it is indeed disturbing, then you know he’s not an asshole and has a legit gripe. If you can’t hear anything, tell him the sounds must be coming from somewhere else, or he’s losing his mind.

Is he handsome? If you have a hot and slutty female friend, send her over to his place to have a good time. I guarantee that after that, he will not complain, no matter how obnoxiously you behave.

He might think it’s you and its not. In my apt a few years ago I was constantly getting noise complaints that I was running my dishwasher and laundry machine all night. Multiple times it went to the condo board.

First off, who’s dishwasher and laundry machine run all night?

Turned out she was complaining about the elevator shaft.

When I was in Charlotte in 2011–2012 I started in a second-floor apartment in a 3-story building. The people above me were stomping around all night, keeping me awake. I went to their door and spoke to the gentleman who said that it was his girlfriend who’d just returned, and that he’d ask her to keep it down.

The next couple of weeks, the stomping morphed into fighting at all hours of the night.

The company for which I was consulting moved me to another apartment complex, in a second-floor apartment in a 2-story building. It was nice to be able to get a good night’s sleep, but I really preferred the layout of the first apartment to that of the second.

Oh, well.

Or he could just kill him.

The problem with that is disposing of the body; that’s always the hardest part of the crime.

Just ask Siri.

Only for the uneducated and ill-prepared.

I thought NY buildings all have the garbage shaft. Just throw the body down that shaft. I don’t see what is the problem.

well we know from dexter and scandal you can put it in suitcases, or a carpet (then put on carpenter uniforms), roll it up and walk out breaking bad teaches us you can do it chemically I would venture to imagine the hardest part of the crime is getting away with it. But, if you’re worried about that just read OJ’s book “If did it”, which was taken off press for reasons undisclosed.

buy him a $20 white noise machine as a token of goodwill. small price to get him out of your life.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAuSTQUa3tM]

My advice is that the next time this guy disturbs YOU by knocking on your door to complain…well, you just wind up and punch that sunufabich right in his teeth.

Objection: assumes facts not in evidence.

Solution:

Stop cross-dressing.

You’re welcome.