Have you ever been cut off at a bar?

I’m in my 30s I have only heard it twice and it wasn’t like I was driving or something. I think they just don’t know my tolerance… or that one time … ohhh that one time :slight_smile:

Only on airplanes. Stewardesses seem to get nervous after my fourth mini vodka bottle.

Nope.

no but i have been tossed a couple times – one for fighting in college and one for doing shots in an ‘inappropriate manner’.

That’s what happens when you hit on the bartender’s girl.

Is being 86’d a good thing or a bad thing? Part of me says you should be ashamed, and part of me says you should be proud (assuming you were still upright and not puking, of course).

But to answer your question–nope.

I think they’re just confused as to why a grown ass man would want to drink that disgusting fermented potato sweat.

^You’re the first person I’ve ever met that’s offended by vodka.

yeah but I mean airplane prices are nutty - like a standard NYC bar/club when you go first class or some international flights with an open bar - they are much more … umm… lenient

what was that one company that rented out the top of a 747 and had an open bar for that international flight — thats style

I’m with Turd. Never cut off, been tossed for fighting a couple times. Neither time was my fault. If you hit me, I’m going to hit you back.

^Reminds me of a story about Andre the Giant.

Apparently, he drank all the time. And he was big. Like 7’4", 500 lbs, big. Combine the two, and you have a dude who can drink a lot. Like, 100 beers at a time.

Apparently one time, he got drunk and passed out in a hotel bar. Usually they drag you up to your room and leave you on the floor. But they knew they didn’t have enough people to pick him up, so they just draped a blanket over him and cordoned him off.

http://www.drunkard.com/issues/10_06/10_06_andre_giant.html

Some Andre the Giant drinking stories.

yeah I had one experience in the east village where this super drunk dude was bragging about being golden gloves. he was like a buck fitty. my friend said oh my buddy here will beat you at MMA. man, put me in a bad situation. I was 190 at the time, did have a few beers and didn’t really want to get into this crap - even mentioned to the dude its not a fair fight. He was like I don’t care. the bar owner was like not in here - go to the street

we rumbled a bit and then he completely lost it. started moving all over the place and screaming "but i’m a veteran, ‘im golden gloves’ , ive ‘killed people in combat’ yeah, he got taken away in an ambulance.

needless to say, the bar owner was a biker type dude and stepped out to watch the whole thing go down. after the ambulance went away - he was like ‘how bout a free beer’. I was highly impressed by this. He had some cigs though so I was like yeah after you give me one of those cigs. So smoked on the stoop with this owner and then went in and had a free beer. turned out nicely for me.

In 10 years drinking in Scotland and London I was never once cut off but within 6 months of living in NYC I’ve already been cut off by some hipster twat. Worst part was that he cut us off based on how much we’d consumed rather than our level of drunkeness or any rowdy behaviour. 2 pints and 3 shots per hour is a light session where I’m from.

have you had a knock on the head or stopped taking your meds or something? Did you not used to be quite a normal poster?

as discussed in the previous ‘pills’ thread, I do take a lot of pills therefore, if I was off my meds, I would definitely be taking less pills (which i’m not)

you gotta keep up with the threads, mang

Also, I was out of the country for almost a year at one point. We had limited internet or phone access.

Never. They always want me to drink more