New bberg keyboards

I never realized how much I appreciated mechanical keyboards til I got this new black bloomberg keyboard. It’s not mechanical and it feels funky as fukc. I’m so used to one sthat have a feel when u press down and not something like a microsoft surface sleev.e

Also the keys feel a bit smaller in width compared to normal keyboards but that might just be me

I had this super cool looking projected keyboard that gave me awesome nerd cred. It looked very Minority Report or Zion control. But it was crappy because of no tactile feedback. It’s amazing how much you come to depend on it for unconscious error checking, and you notice it when it’s not there. The device tried to make up for it with an audible click, which was better than nothing, but still didn’t tell you which finger had engaged the device and whether it had landed squarely.

Are you describing an iPhone?

mine is sitting in a box behind me. have yet to hook it up.

does it suck?

i likes

Not just you. I cant stand these things. Why would they change the standard sizes of a keyboard?

This was pre-iPhone. Here’s a link to something that’s basically a clone (albeit shorter and fatter):

http://m.miniinthebox.com/en/touch-portable-bluetooth-virtual-laser-projection-keyboard-with-lcd-for-samsung-iphone-ipad-laptop-pc_p3126884.html

I’m not sure if they changed standard size as I can’t verify. It does feel smaller though… I keep making typos everywhere.

had the grey one for far too long…sticky keys, marks all over it. The new black one is a little bit flimsy, but it works well for me.

Are mechanical keyboards worth it? Good ones cost $100.

Bloomberg keyboards are special if you are a bloomberg terminal user.

Assuming you aren’t using it to access bloomberg. I think that a good mechanical keyboard that you like is well worth $100, considering how much of our lives we spend in front of our machines and typing into them.

That said, what you like can vary from person to person and how much space you have on your desk to use for it. You want a comfortable feel, with enough tactile feedback to help, keys that can be found easily (i.e. not too small, not in strange places), you may want things like multimedia controls or programmable buttons or scrolling things - or you may not.

I like a lot of the logitech keyboards. They’ve thought things out well. (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards)

I liked their wireless solar keyboard. I have one that is solar and bluetooth and will switch between my phone, tablet, and desktop easily with a single touch of a button (no re-pairing stuff). It’s great for messaging on my phone when I’m working at my desk.

am i the only one still using this?

Thank you edupristine. Hehe

I prefer the newer black keyboard because I can type faster with it. The older keyboard was clunky and required too much pressure to type normally.

+1 to Logitech. Currently using their K350 keyboard and M510 mouse. Been using them for four years now.

I miss smashing down the GO key with the force of a lightning strike, but overall like the new black ones. I’m still hitting the wrong menu key though.

I see you’ve edited out stuff so that the qualifiers don’t sound like they are qualifying anything. Then use the result to make an edupristine jab.

That’s an awful lot of work to make a boring joke.

The question was whether it’s worth a $100 keyboard. The answer is “Yes, given how much time you spend with the thing, but if you’re stuck using bloomberg, your choices may be limited.” I then go on to say what non-bloomberg keyboards I like, and explain why YMMV. I have diferent favorites for different contexts.

WTF is THAT!?

I would give one of my nuts to have a Bloomberg terminal again, even a 1971 hardware one.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings bchad. =/