How does Biden have 71 approval rating?

Without looking this up - what is one thing that he did in the past 2 years? I’m not saying he did nothing. He probably did, but no one knows.

his son died =/

I think you’ve hit on exactly it: he hasn’t memorably fouled anything up.

I remember a political science teacher teaching us that the person people would like to drink a beer with is strongly correlated with political success. I think Biden would be awesome beer buddy

I guess you haven’t grasped that approval ratings are about whether people like you (approval?) and aren’t based on "accomplishments’? Not surprising for the guy who insists that Mitt Romney was more “qualified”.

Same reason the backup QB is always a fan favorite.

He’s Uncle Joe. Everyone loves Uncle Joe because he reminds them of the uncle who would let you drink a beer at a family party when you were 15, would bail you out of jail without telling your parents (but would somehow convince you to tell them yourself and make you think it was your idea), would buy you the coolest present and just say “what?” when your parents gave him the WTF were you thinking look, etc. People are also subconsciously comparing him to Clinton, Sanders, and probably Trump when they answer the question.

This was precisely the point I was trying to make, but thank you for clarifying this for the benefit of those who missed the subtlety.

Is something wrong? You seem really agitated lately. Serious question.

There is that one highly publicized poll out there (maybe one of several) that ranks Biden quite favorably relative to these other potential candidates, considering that he has not even decided to run for President. If anything, this is indicates how response to these other people is negative or tepid at best. I think Biden is kind of like the Democrat pre 2000 GW Bush at this point. People think he is “relatable”, not like elitist Obama, has a kind face always smiling, unoffending old white guy. In addition, they are scared of pants suit Hillary and especially Trump. So Biden is like a “flight to safety”.

Black president has lower approval ratings than his white VP

Totally a race thing…

It is a race thing, but not the way most people think. President Obama’s black half has a 95% approval rating, but his white half only has a 5% approval rating, resulting in 50% overall.

May I ask what point you were trying to make? That well-liked people have high approval ratings? This is indeed shocking news. Will you now put out a poll that says “HCBs are seen as attractive”?

I think the point that we made is that overweight finance career failures are insecure…

Oh ok.

Interesting response to someone who seemed to have a genuine concern about your well being.

71% approval rating means that close to half of Republicans like him.

That was a little harsh, no?

Lol, I think the dry spell is getting to him. It ain’t easy being a sociopathic, sexually repressed Chinese Male in the USA.

Ohai, If you are facing some issues you should post it as there is a community of well meaning samaritans here who will help you out. There is no need to get cranky and take it out on well meaning posters.

He was real good on Colbert last week. I like him. He’s sort of the Democrat’s saner version of Trump. However, I wouldn’t want him as President (though he wouldn’t likely be as bad as Trump would).

this

http://jalopnik.com/vice-president-joe-biden-gets-permission-to-drive-a-cor-1787998325?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow