Dear Brown Outsourced IT

You have been hired to serve a purpose, a very specific purpose; to fix our PCs, programs, and software when our sht is not working. India and surrounding countries claim to be the IT mecca holding the best of the best. The worse your English, the smarter you are seems to be the motto.

I wanted to like you guys, I really did, but I guess it is too much to expect you to do the very job I pay you for. Items like returning emails, honoring scheduled meetings, and fixing issue tickets is what I expect given that is what you claim to do so well. However, I’m now once again eating crow and falling victim to the ‘you get what you pay for.’ Once again, the diversity experiment has failed.

How about instead of studying for L1 year after year hoping to M’n’A on the buyside, you actually do the trade you were meant to do? I pay you very well compared to your peers and you’re driving a brand new Kia. Don’t get greedy and throw away the sure thing for a chance to own a Honda.

Maybe Trump has a point when he’s all about Making America Great again and onshoring jobs. Outsourcing was good in theory assuming all else equal, but practice is a complete failure.

It was fun while it lasted. But enough is enough. Enjoy hustling the mean streets of Bangalore killing wild dogs and cats for your next meal.

Sincerely,

All Angry BSDs

Best car family on the road, according to Consumer Reports.

I remember when you would point and laugh at people who drove Kias.

*shrugs* We are like this onleee

^^^ You need to look to Eastern Europe for top-notch IT outsourcing now.

A couple of years ago, a very wise man said that “Hyundai will be the ‘it’ car manufacturer in the very near future”.

If only I could remember who that was. Oh yeah, it was me.

Everytime I see a KIA on the road, i think oh “killed in action”

Well Kia of 15-20 years ago truly did make pieces of crap. Now, they are about industry standard. Ever since they poached Audi’s chief designer, their cars look pretty good too. Of course, this also means that they are no longer price bargains like they were before. Mid size Hyundai or Kia might even cost more than Camry for the same options.

For me though, if you want to go Hyundai, you should get something in the Sonata/Optima size or above. The smaller cars are Asia-spec in terms of tuning, which means that they are soft for what most Americans consider to be “small cars”. It’s disconcerting to drive an Elantra and get zero road feedback - although not as bad as say a Prius.

+1

Yea 2 of the previous companies I worked for offshored operations to India. They both almost instantly regretted it and brought it back to the US/Canada/Ireland. The work is a lot cheaper for a reason.

We also had them working on some programming and they just do whatever they want to make something “work” temporarily, despite you giving them detailed instructions of what you actually want done. They are very title driven as well so everyone had to be given a promoted title every few months (despite not having to pay them any more.) We asked the India office for an org chart and they looked at us like we had 3 heads.

You want cheaper labor, ship it out of the NE US sure. Send it to the south/midwest, ship it to Canada or Ireland as they are generally competent and native english speaking.

call centers are popping up in eastern Canada once again. i would expect IT cos to pop up there as well. with unemployment above 10%, you can basically pay minimum wage for IT out there and the real estate cost is next to nothing. they have amazing internet speed out there too. as long as you can deal with an accent you’ve never heard before, that is mostly understandable, you’re all good.

A call center moved into my office building a few months ago and I’m in central NJ. I guess they’ll have to close once the $15/hr minimum wage movement gets here though.

^I thought $15 minimum wage was good for the economy, kinda like trickle-up poverty.

I read somewhere minimum wage hike actually put some people outside the subsidized rent limit and now they have to pay more for rent hehe.

This is actually a pretty interesting topic but you managed to mess it up and sound even more incoherent than Trump when you attempted to mix it with your political viewpoint.

It is difficult to see where to start after wasting time reading your post but the crux of the issue is that you are not getting your ’ PC’s, Programs and Software’ fixed. Now, If you had provided an example of what exactly you meant by ‘Fixing a Program’ we could actually get somewhere but I suspect this is just another copy-paste.

Nevertheless, this stems from the fact that India’s IT industry has already reached the innovation stage. Homegrown companies are popping up every day and the amount of money made available by the speed that American VC’s have set up shop led by Sequoia has proppelled a formerly sleepy city in Bangalore to the top 10 start-up ecosystems worldwide for Tech and top 20 pan-sector. Some companies have grown so fast within a short time-span of 5-6 years that they have recieved backing in the billions with plans to go global. With the rise in ability to store data and the existing infrastructure there is also a shift towards the industry losely coined ‘Big Data’.

With this, salaries have also risen at a steady pace. Therefore, the competent labor force has gravitated towards these sectors where salaries are now reaching standards of Central Europe. American corporations are not ready to spend this much and prefer to spend in a range that is simply not competetive enough and when there is no incentive of a learning curve people simply do not give a shit anymore. This is why no one in India really cares that call centres are moving to the Phillipines.

Since, there is still room for service companies to employ migrants from rural areas as India transitions towards an urban country and pocket some money, these companies still exist and American corporations aren’t able to figure out what the hell is going on. These companies will hire anyone and I’ve heard of High School kids working there over the summer for a bit of money. The most interesting story was this 17 year old dude who was laughing that the guy who he was working with in the USA had 17 years of experience after working his way up from a paper-seller in a data-intensive company but had not managed to figure out how to write a basic SQL query.

European companies have caught on and are now setting captive units and bumping up salaries to reflect the market. For example, French call centres pay wages comparable to countries like Croatia, Slovakia etc.

I admire the delusional nationalism and despite isolated cases of a few organizations ‘going home’ so to speak, there is no way this makes economic sense when profit margins are king, it will not hapen. Ireland is almost as expensive as the UK and Canada does not even merit discussion.

A simple solution would be to tell your organization that being so stingy in only hurting them.

Call centers are just one of the many offerings outsourcing companies send to India.

Just wait until they get to automate those BSD jobs we hold onto here in the States, just a matter of time!

They took our jeerbs!

Lol! Seriously one of the funniest things to say, always gets a chuckle out of me

True BSD’s don’t have to deal with IT in India and order tickets.

Hacksawed.