Gym Headphone recos

I seem to break them left and right. Most of the time, the day after the receipt said I could take it back to the store. I used to throw them away, but now I’m starting a pile of ones I’m sending back to the manufacturer. This is getting out of hand. Anyone use/like some hardcore gym/sweat headphones? I prefer the over the ear for kickboxing. Those earbud ones fall out everytime I throw hooks on the bag (except those $60 apple ones - they stay in for some reason).

I like the LG phones that have earbuds and go around your neck for walking around town, but I don’t like them for exercise, becasue the earbuds fall out if you are bouncing around too much.

For exercising (which for me is mostly running), I like the Plantronics Backbeat. I use the Backbeat 903+, which I don’t think is made anymore. The design is harder to find, but I find that they stay in the ear better. It looks like they have the Backbeat Fit model now, which might be good, but I can’t say for sure.

If you’re kickboxing, I don’t know what to recommend… aren’t you likely to get hit in the ear with one of those kicks?

yeah just bag training - heavy bag

Well, I have those green Senheisser exercise headphones similar to these. They are quite stable. I stopped using them though, after deciding that running without being able to hear anything was a bad idea.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PMX-680-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B0034L3G8U

do you guys arm band your phone for music? I feel like doing that has given me imbalances in my swole.

I use Beats by Dre cause I gotta look gangsta.

I am allergic to neoprene, and am bummed that pretty much all the armbands are made of it, so I keep my music source in my pocket. If someone can recommend an armband that isn’t neoprene and fits an iPhone 6, I’d be grateful.

I discovered my neoprene allergy because I had swim goggles with neoprene pads to seal with the skin. It was fine for ages, and then one day I got irritation. I thought it might be something in the water, and the next time I tried it, my eyes swelled up so much I could barely open them and it looked like I had gotten into a major bar fight the night before.

I was lucky to have discovered it that way. Some people with neoprene allergies discover it after wearing a wetsuit, and it affects their whole body, including their fun bits.

the headphones are just bait… you just wanted to let everyone know you kickbox

If they keep breaking, just buy a bunch of throw aways at Five Below.

Yeah I have massive JVC headphones for walking, on the bike, 1-2 punches, kicks, jumprope, weights, (not really abs or pullups, or hook punches), skateboarding — but can’t move your head too much. They weren’t that much - your Beats are probably better.

I’m a music enthusiast so I like to have high quality sound.

I went to couple of kickboxing classes too. Oh now so everyone knows that I kickbox too! wink

So what do you guys do with the earbuds that come with your phone? I guess you could use them for some sort of BDSM flailing device.

I just bought a pair of cheap skullcandies earphones that have a bit that wraps around your ear. Great for training as they dont fall out

I use Polk Audio Black UltraFit 500. Had them for over 2 years now. The sound is not banging, but decent enough from the price/durability standpoint. Very comfortable.

yeah these were one of the ones that broke. they were 60 bucks and said to be ‘water resistant’. Got them from a sports store. one of the ears suddenly doesn’t 'work. i can’t listen to them. they were really good for not coming loose. maybe ill just buy them again.

The ones I bought must be the cheaper ones, mine were like 25 bucks. Sound quality isnt great but i just use them for workouts

I use moterola wireless - best choice imo. If im just working the heavy bag at a gym that doesnt have a clock, i can set a clock on my phone and see it plus no worries about cords. I always use to either rip the cord out, drop weights on my phone, or some other problem that would end up with broken headphones or my phone. now i put my phone my bag and the headphones never come out.

Go wireless, everyone. Best decision i have ever made and its worth the extra cash. Believe me on this one.

Agreed!

do you even lift bruh