Chicago: riots or nah?

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20151124/archer-heights/laquan-mcdonald-video-shows-police-shooting-him-16-times

My guess is that people named “Laquan” have a shorter life expectancy than average.

Anybody know why they didn’t taze him instead?

Shot 16 times… Did the cop run out and then reload?

Watched the video. 16 shots was definitely excessive, but the dumbass punk kid pulled a knife for everyone to see as he walked towards the cops. If the dumbass would’ve dropped the knife and laid on the ground, he would probably still be alive.

doesn’t really matter if they’re cops or not. if you’re facing a group of guys with guns and all you have is a knife, you drop the knife and talk nice. it’s instinctual.

I agree it is pretty stupid to pull out a knife when confronted by a group of cops, but one cop felt so threatened that he had to fire 16 times yet none of the other cops felt threatened enough to fire even once?

dude was on PCP wasn’t he? I remember back in my PCP days I didn’t take social cues (like I’ll kill you with this gun in my hand if you keep walking towards me) very well, so not surprising.

Guy was high on PCP and threatened the police with a knife. The police could easily argue that they feared for their lives. Maybe 16 shots was too much, but I don’t know if it would be productive to say, hey, you should only shoot 5 times or something.

he kept firing when the guy was down, of course 16 is too much but none of have been in that situation, mb adrenaline takes over or he is a racist but in either case cops should be trained for these situations.

But why didn’t any of the other cops feel threatened enough to shoot even once? Also, this happened a year ago and the cop was just charged. Where have all the calls for Rahm Emmanuel’s resignation been?