Scalia

Just insanity. Supreme Court justice ends up dead in remote part of Texas and no cause of death will be determined by even a cursory examination by a trained professional. Nothing to see here. Moving on. Was it a brain anurism? Allergic reaction? What were the condition of the blood vessels of his eyes? Lips? Scent? Experts can determine a lot without even performing an autopsy. Time of death? Anybody else find this odd? “Any sign of foul play?” Answer, “Absolutely not.” The body wasn’t even examinded and those words come out of a law enforcement officer’s mouth. I’m beyond words.

Don’t mind the pillow that was over his head when they found him, that’s how he sleeps.

And who doesn’t check on an old man that misses breakfast immediately given he “retired” at 9:00 p.m.? Hell, if I’m traveling with friends and they are going to miss activities, I find out what is up.

It is odd that details are pretty slim. I do not find it odd that an obese man that was 80 died though, thats pretty par for the course. I found the story to be a bit light on details as well though, maybe this will be another JFK type thing? Figures this stuff always happens in texas.

Maybe they really found him with a belt around his neck doin the old stroke n choke and felt it better to not release details?

More likely he was getting stroked. I love these “hunting” trips. Just like the key west “fishing” trips. The wives and girlfriends have no idea. “What’s that bottle of blue pills?”

Many more federal government types have ended up dead in Virginia and D.C. with suspicious circumstances I would think. Don’t have the numbers handy. not so suprisingly.

^How strange it is–that people who live in Virginia, Maryland, or DC and work in Virginia, Maryland, or DC would end up dead in Virginia, Maryland, or DC.

Shocking, right?

The only thing I find odd is that they didn’t check on him when he missed breakfast and just went hunting without him.

^The fact that somebody misses breakfast wouldn’t really bother me, unless they were meticulous about eating breakfast. (Maybe he was. I don’t know.)

If Higgs, Ghibli, and I all went on a trip, and Higgs didn’t make it to breakfast then missed the bus to the deer blind, I’d just say, “I guess he wanted to sleep in today.” If he still wasn’t awake when I got back, I would go check on him.

That being said, I did find it odd that they wouldn’t do an autopsy on him, even if he was almost 80 years old and overweight.

Well, my experience is a ski trip. Not a chance we’re leaving a buddy at the condo without a verbal. Doubt he flew across the country to stay in bed.

Maybe it was some kind of Deliverance scenario where they just hide the body and promise never to speak of it again.

• 1 to Ghibli. Took ski trips out west and had many a buddy unable to answer the bell one day or other and always at least looked into to be sure they were going to skip the day.

This needs to happen. And take along Never Happened just to prove that something did in fact happen.

This would make a good movie. Justice dies a few days after putting a stay on a president’s legacy Clean Power Plan. Only trillions of dollars of capital allocations could be affected. Is that enough to attract some enemies?

^ It’s like a real life version of the john grisham book/movie The Pelican Brief.

I just assumed everyone else assumed it was an Eyes Wide Shut style party and his heart went out mid-orgy.

The real puzzle is why no one’s blamed Hillary yet. After all, Vince Foster.

^Just wait until Hillary is elected and then gets Obama confirmed.

Or maybe Obama nominates Hillary himself. (The knock-on effects of that would be tremendous)