Timing of CFA application

So as of January I hit the 4 years of work experience for those vaulted 3 little letters. Trying to time my application to align with CFAI’s rules for payment of dues to minimize costs. According to the web site, “If you join between 1 April 2016 and 30 April 2016, you will enjoy a complimentary membership through 30 June 2016. You will be billed in May 2016 for the following membership year (2016-2017).” So I’d like to officially join next month and therefore trying to figure out when I should officially file my application. Should I do it on April 1 and hope the waiting period for approval happens before April 30?

I am 95% sure my employer will pay it but being that it’s March I don’t see the point in paying for the membership year that is essentially already over, so would like to time it to maximize next years.

Still can’t put CFA after your name in your e-mail sig?

#ThatSucks

Wait till April 1st. I had to reactivate mine last year and did the same thing. Approval should happen relatively quickly.

Apply now. Just don’t activate until April 1. Easy peasy.

I would just wait until April. Unless you really need the charter three weeks earlier for some reason.

New business cards; onyx roman legionnaire on whalebone calcium deposits.

Duh.