Bloomberg Out

Heard on the radio this morning that Michael Bloomberg announced that he will NOT run as an independent candidate this year because he thinks it would ensure a Trump or Cruz victory.

Read his note about it, its a real shame. He was likely correct that he would split the vote of Dems/Repubs and he could even win a popular vote of the 3 of them and would likely lose via congress.

Aye, heard that too. He loves the country too much.

He *could* is what I said. *could* being the key word. He would steal a bunch of votes from dems & repubs

What i thought was most interesting from his letter was that he was essentially endorsing Hillary. While he didn’t come out and say that, he made it very clear that he’s anti-Trump.

I think he would clearly prefer a Clinton-Rubio race. Most people in the center cant imagine Trump or Cruz doing a good job leading this country as one is a complete nut job and one is a fringe right winger

Bloomberg himself wanted to be President, and a Sanders/Trump contest would be his only chance to win. Now that Hillary is the presumptive nominee, he thinks he cannot win (he even said this in his letter).