30 for 30

What if I told you that I just watched Fantastic Lies, which is the one about the 2006 Duke lacrosse rape case?

What if I told you that it was really good?

where did you watch it?

and when

On the TV. Last night.

Admittedly, I have watched almost none of these. Are they all this good?

It’s a shocking story; I was playing lacross in college when it happened so could empathize greatly. PC culture.

^while it may seem simple to chalk the whole college campus rape problem to PC culture, i don’t know if you realize the severity of both the crime (if it is actually committed) and the negative impacts it has on one’s life if they are wrongfully accused.

do any of you have a link to the special?

Some of them are fantastic. Personal favorites include:

• The U
  • The Fab FIve
  • Requiem for the Big East
  • Playing For the Mob
  • I Hate Christian Laettner
  • Four Days in October (obviously cool)

Obviously a lot depends on your interest in the subject. Like if you don’t dig college sports you probably wouldn’t like most of those I listed. There’s still a ton I haven’t seen that I have on a list somewhere for a rainy day.

Ok, so…30 for 30? or Breaking Bad?

I think you can just do the 30 for 30’s whenever you have time. But if you start BB, then you have to make a committment to watch the whole thing, albeit over the course of a few months.

Somebody else mentioned “The Band That Wouldn’t Die” or something like that. I saw that on the DVR list. Maybe I’ll watch it.

Well I’m biased as I’d recommend Breaking Bad before family and work responsibilites. Get on that, man.

Band That Wouldn’t Die is great though, I think that was one of the very first ones.

Breaking Bad takes priority over all other options other than live sports.

30 for 30s are mainly fantastic. The Bo Jackson one is great, as is the USC Pete Carrol era, Christian Laettner one (dont know all the names) but yea most of them are generally very well made and look at things from tons of angles. I have seen a few that I didnt care for though

no way breaking bad will take you a few months. it’ll be over in no time.

^ He has 2 toddlers. Hard to knock out the entire series quickly when you can really only watch after the kids’ bedtime.

Does it only make sense to start with season one? And if it’s between sex and breaking bad tonight, which should be chosen?

I’ve been married for eight years. I have a toddler and a preschooler. My wife and I both work 40+ hours per week. And like Higgs said, after the kids go to bed, we still have to wash dishes, do laundry, clean living room, etc.

Very rarely do I have to choose between sex and anything. It’s usually “anything but sex”.

That sounds so pleasant… Not that I’m doing much better recently despite being single.

Scott Hall’s 30 for 30 was really good.

Blasphemy: noun ; the action or offence of mentioning any tv series with Breaking Bad in one sentence.

Breaking Bad is a league of its own

Didnt see that one I will have to look it up. Most of the stories are fantastically told even if you arent particularly interested in the story line