Stanley Cup 2016

Who you guys got to win this thing? I’m picking the Blues. My bracket: West QF: DAL STL ANA LAK West SF: ANA STL West Final: STL East QF: WAS PIT FLA DET East SF: PIT DET East Final: PIT Final: STL MVP: Tarasenko

Lionel Messi 4 ever.

you might be one of the few picking them to end their streak of getting knocked out in the first round…

You want to start the “If messi had any self-respect, he’d retire” thread or should i?

Blues, Wild, or NY Rangers.

What, no Leafs?

The correct wording is “If XXX had any pride, he would retire”. It’s blasphemy to change the wording.

That organization is a joke. 1 playoff appearance since 2004 and no championship since 1967. Yet, they are still worth more than any other NHL franchise and they have tens of thousands of people on a waiting list for season tickets. You guys in TO love to be mistreated.

Playoffs are a joke. 16 teams in the playoffs is a joke.

^ I used to agree, but the parity in hockey is unlike any other major pro sport. The difference between top 5 and top 15 isn’t as big in the NHL as it is in say the NFL.

NHL playoffs are the BEST period.

btw no canadian team made it, all 7 sitting at home

I’d blame USDCAD but many of the 7 pay to the salary cap so no excuse there. It’s interesting though, you look at any NHL team it’s is 90% Canadians. So I don’t feel really that bad about it. It’s a major U.S. sports league that employs primarily foreigners. It’s one of a kind.

Penguins winning dis

Red Wings all the way!

Rangers took over as the most valuable organization last year. Toronto is still second though.

I would normally agree, except a 7 or 8 seed advances into the 2nd round at least every couple of years. I have homer bias, but don’t be shocked to see the Flyers knock off the Caps in the 1st round this year.

The Kings won the cup from the last seed a few years back.

is Hockey the worst sport to watch on television?

^ No, that’s curling. Or maybe cricket.

yo is hockey da best lockdown sports bros?