Someone needs to check if Palantir is on suicide watch...

…after those Apple earnings.

Is this the day that historians look back at the dominance of Apple and conclude it was the beginning of the end?

I saw that and immediately thought the same thing!

If Palantir had any pride left, he should retire.

Apple is overrated. If you want to invest in tech, you gotta go Google, amzn, etc.

gold

amzn? Really?

Goodbye cruel world…T_T

That’s all you got? I put all my life savings on Apple, even refinanced my homes and advised every family member to do the same. And you take the easy way out?!

I lost a bunch of money on this. AAPL is in all large cap indexes; you can’t not be long this even if you don’t want to be.

Called it.

I lost some on this, may go in for more.

They have high margins, their customers tend to stick around, generate a ton of cash, and still have a lot on board. Analyst estimate are high, incorporating too much growth. But what’s it really worth in a low/no/negative growth scenario? Those who called it short, what do you think it’s worth?

Ahh the joys of not being a large cap indexer.

There’s a good thread on this in investments where the arguments are all laid out. I think it’s under the ticker name.

I posted a response in the AAPL thread under investments that kind of went along with this. I’m getting tired of so many threads, mainly the half dozen threads we have on crude oil…

I don’t have a stake in AAPL anymore but I don’t think these results are too concerning. The last two years were abnormally high due to the larger iPhone which was going to peak and we also had HK slowing down. All the people who bought the 6 will upgrade. I think it’s a decent buy here but not a home run. I would own this for the return of capital.

My current largest position is AMZN cost basis $320

Mine is Facebook at $18 since we’re all just stating random things on teh internet. I’m going to start using Palantir as a contrarian indicator.

U mad?

Super mad.