Food trucks

Since food seems to be a hot topic today…

Anybody ever eat out of these things? In San Antonio, I rarely saw them, and if I did, it was almost always Mexican. (And if there’s one thing San Antonio’s got a lot of, it’s Mexican restaurants.)

But the other day, after I finished working out at the YMCA, there was a food truck parked in the parking lot. So, like most fat people who are trying to lose weight, I decided that I would reward my good workout with a good meal.

The thing that caught my attention was the “Monster Brisket Grilled Cheese Sandwich”, which was 1/2 pound of smoked sliced brisket and three slices of American cheese wedged between two pieces of Texas toast (a.k.a. really thick bread).

Yep, it was every bit as good as it sounds.

^ Wow, that sounds amazing. I used to frequent a food truck when I was working a summer job at a printing plant back in college. I loved the food, but I’m a comfort food kind of guy. Downtown Disney (or whatever they recently renamed it) features high end food trucks. Had some really good pork sliders from one a couple of years ago.

I eat at them, but definitely not when on a diet. That sandwich sounds like more calories than I eat in a day lol

what’s the story with people working out and then going and eating more calories than they’ve burned?

Diso’s food truck in NYC is the bomb

There are an assload of foodtrucks in Boston. Very popular…and some are quite good.

Got a bunch of them in Toronto too. They’re a nice break from the normal lunch time menu.

Portions here are small though. I want american sized portions!

username checks out

There’s a food truck in San Francisco called Bacon Bacon. You can buy a basket of bacon from them.

I think I started a thread on this a while back, tried a couple out, which had decent reviews on Yelp (looked up before I ordered, maybe written by owners). One was okay, one was awful. Name of the game was using extremely rich ingredients like mayo, bacon, ect and/or heat like siracha sauce to cover up either poor cooking technique or freshness. Overload of salt/sugar/fats… People surrounding me seemed to love it though.

^http://www.yelp.com/biz/bar-bacon-new-york-2

Bar Bacon is the worst place to have the name bacon in it ever. Half the dishes that come with bacon use fake bacon. Not even real bacon, they said a vegan could eat . Was disgusted.

There is a place in Astoria called Astoria Bier & Cheese that has a bacon platter was several different types of bacon, now that was awesome.

As far as food trucks, there is an amazing Jamacian truck called the Jerk Pan by the JPM building on Park Ave. Get a huge thing of authentic jerk chicken & sides for like 8-10 bucks. The line gets pretty long its just a piece of crap truck with a jamacian flag flying

I am absolutely fascinated with this. A basket of bacon? Yes, please!

We eat at food carts pretty regularly in my office. There’s a whole city block of them near the office so it’s easy when there’s a few people going for lunch together, rather than trying to find something everyone agrees on.

we know what texas toast is greenie. it’s called texas toast because its famous outside of texas.

^Hey, I didn’t know. I have spent very little time outside of Texas. You guys might not know.

You also might not know that you can put a chicken fried steak in between two pieces of Texas toast and call it a chicken-fried-steak sandwich. One of the more truly delicious things in the history of the world. (Come to think of it–I think they sell these at Dairy Queen.)