Are college campuses really this bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY1H1rZL53I

How far has the pc movement gone? Are student really this far removed from rational thought??

Saw this. I love it,. this generation will be the nadir, and people like me who recognize the lunacy are teaching thieir young kids how to be rational, moral, unentitled members of society. my kids’ generation will be huge beneficiaries of the void left by this lost generation.

Thats pretty terrible, those people need to shut up and have a real response. I still cant believe anyone would want to go to something that dull anyway, Im pretty sure my life in college involved drinking, video games & sports when away from school work.

i wonder if the market will adjust to punish the universities that are churning out these pieces of human garbage. One would presume that parents want their kids to leave college prepared to be productive and moral members of society. Obviously the universities that are indoctrinating irrational pluralism are failing. There has to be a tipping point sometime, no? At some point people have to realize that an ultra liberal university system is creating a lower quality of life for future generations.

^ Enrollment at the University of Missouri dropped around 20% in response to the forced resignation of the chancellor last year, so the market does appear to have adjusted in that particular case.

I read this article a few years back:

http://theamericanscholar.org/the-disadvantages-of-an-elite-education/#.U_TcQqN_5nV

it had an impact on me because i do think that we’ve lost sight of what this higher education should be. I think we’re dealing with the result of this misguided path now more than ever.

I don’t think the market will punish universities, since the burden of performance in the workforce falls solely on the individual. In that sense, the market is already punishing them. the value of a degree has diminished. you need a masters or some designation to get to the next level. the cycle will continue and even these masters programs become devalued (such as the mba).

There have always been idiots on college campuses. Stay in the business school and you’re able to avoid them.

Here was an interesting discussion with Jon Stewart on a college campus. The whole video was interesting to me.

http://www.vox.com/2016/5/9/11645418/jon-stewart-donald-trump

Then they get to the questions.

The very last question (at 1:13:50) is agonizing to listen to, where the student is trying to get Jon to say something about a rumor on twitter that Louis CK harrassed female comedians at one point. He’s just desperate to get the politically correct response, and just squirms around while Jon basically says “I haven’t heard anything about it, so I don’t really know what to tell you.”

On the other hand, I did think a lot of the other student questions were decent ones, so one wacko in 10 is perhaps a lower crazy score than we might fear.

The video doesn’t do anything to set the platform to how things got to where they were. I think there’s something we clearly didn’t see, or was just edited out.

Well, when the response of a community that is majority White is to walk away from a college where an apathetic idiot who oversaw an atmosphere where the White populace made it impossible for the Black populace to have peace of mind was made to resign then it is easy to see how the ‘SJW’ or whatever movement has got so much traction.

Nice post bchad. Love Jon Stewart, hes such a well spoken guy.

I have no fucking idea what the video in the op is about and i don’t get what triggering is.