Economic impact on Trump condos

What, if any, do you think will be the impact on Trump branded real estae towers resulting from his campaign? Trump usually just leases his name, but my question is what do you think the recent media attention will do to the value of condos in “Trump” branded towers for the owners? Does the attention add value, or does it destroy it…

Adds value.

Every suite becomes the Presidential Suite.

haha!

Add value. All news is good news.

I’ll be the contrarian. I think it significantlly risks the value, which if we probability weight potential future outcomes lowers it. But he may start being less polarizing and then it rises over time. This near term risk is why I suspect Ivanka has stayed pretty low key and has also cautioned her father to tone down his rhetoric. My impression from what I’ve read is she is really the one running things these days

In the long run, I don’t think it will matter much either way. It is unlikely that the properties will become more attractive due to their association with Trump (there are ten thousand realtors in New York City; publicity is rarely an issue). If the effect is negative, Trump’s company can simply rename the individual buildings. The people who will lose, in my opinion, are the individual condo owners who need to sell their properties in the short run, as many potential buyers will not consider properties in Trump branded buildings while Trump is still so publicly controversial.

^ I doubt it will even matter in the short run. People care about location, quality of the space, and services. I doubt they really care about the name on the building or who owns it.

I agree that the ultimate decision of buyers is based on measurable quantities, especially in New York City, where there are so many comparable properties. The problem is getting people to look at your apartment in the first place when your building has a huge Trump logo in front. If people don’t come to your open house, it will take longer to sell the place. Since carrying costs here are so high (like $3k a month), the seller might be forced to lower their price or absorb those costs as their unit sits on the market.