How many Apple devices do you own?

Despite my drawer of broken iPods, I currently still use 4: Newest to oldest: iPhone 6s iPad Mini iPhone 4 iPod Video They all still work pretty well except for the 6s and iPod video. The 6s just pisses me off sometimes. I still use the iPhone 4 to play Pandora as it still works on WiFi networks. I like the 4. I’ve been really happy with the iPad Mini - it was first gen and never had any issues with it. The iPod Video is barely alive … I basically can only play Bob Marley on repeat on it while plugged in. If I try to do other songs it freezes/crashes. I had 2 iPod shuffles but they broke (sweat I think). So yes, I am a contributing Apple consumer. I’m not going to buy an Apple computer anytime soon, but they managed to allure me.

Let’s see. I have:

1. iMac (but running Windows)

2. iPhone

3. iPad

4. Very old iPod Shuffle

So a few, I guess. It might be worth mentioning that some of these were gifts or were bought using gift cards that people gave me.

iWatch

iPhone 6s

iPhone 5s

iPad

Using all 4 devices. I’m not seeing myself moving to some other brand anytime soon.

5 year old macbook air

iPad (company gave it to me)

apple tv

So 2 if you don’t count the ipad

I own a iPod from around 2004, its black & white with the scrolly wheel. I believe it still turns on if plugged in although it no longer holds charge. Charge stopped holding after about 2 years and seeing as how you can not replace the battery it became useless. That was when I decided I wasnt going to piss away my money on a new devide from that company every few years.

so 1 or 0.

I use an Android phone (although I am not an upgrade cycle customer, still using my 3yr old Galaxy S4) have a cheap personal laptop (acer i believe, was like 250 or 300 on amazon).

Of all the devices I have purchased in the past few years I think the Chromecast is by far the one that benefit me the most. I have 2 in my apt, one in the bedroom one in the living room, and its awesome to be able to stream with my phone easily seeing as how they are so cheap.

Our household currently owns:

1. iPhone 6

2. iPhone 5

3. Apple TV

4. 2009 vintage Macbook

5. 2012 vintage iPad

6. 2014 (i think) vintage iPad mini

7. An old iPod Shuffle clip thing that my wife uses while running

I think that’s it. But growing up we had a ton of Apple hardware… everything from the PowerMac G4, the see through colorful iMac, the toaster looking cube, MacMini, etc.

You actually can change the battery on old iPods. There are YouTube videos that show you how.

Between me, the Mrs. and the kids, we have 2 iPhones, 1 iPad, and 2 iPods.

I heard its possible and looked it up online but when it came to ripping it open and putting it back together (which may or maynot have gone well) I realized that I just didnt like Apple as a company for making this so difficult. Samsung is doing it in their new phones to make it “water proof” and I dont think I will be getting another one of theirs either.

1 first gen ipod touch with a cracked screen

1 3rd or 4th gen ipod touch with a broken headphone jacl

1 5th gen ipod touch that my 9 year old took in the goddamn bathtub with him and is now useless

2 ipads, no idea which version, maybe 2 years old.

Way too many (though I still like them).

These days, I have a desktop mac (mac mini, 2012 I think), a macbook Air that usually lives at my GF’s place, an iPad mini, and an iPhone. The iPhone history I have is iPhone 1, iPhone 3, iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4s, and now iPhone 6. Before that, I had the original iPod, the iPod 3rd Gen, the iPod video. I also won an iPod shuffle somewhere. As for iPads, I had the 1st Gen, then a 2nd Gen, and now a 4th Gen Mini (or maybe 3rd gen, it’s the last gen without the finger sensor).

I generally stay in the ecosystem because it’s too much of a pain to switch apps, and the products tend to last long and work well with each other.

I do not have an Apple watch, because I can’t justify paying $400+ for a watch that will be obsolete in 2 years (I added some in for a band I like).

I recently (as in within the last week) bought a Pebble Time Round watch on Groupon for about $130. I can deal with $130 for a watch that might be obsolete in a few years. It is not as nice as the Apple Watch, but it is thin and light and looks like a regular watch. I can also get weather and pedometer counts and phone messages on my wrist. It’s not quite as polished but it does most of what I’d like a smartwatch to do at 1/3 the price, so I’ll be happy for now.

Waiting for palantir’s list. He’s probably sitting somewhere drafting it whilst weeping like a teased vagina

I’ve done this with an old iPod, and it’s not really that difficult, but it is true that you get a little worried when opening the ipod that you might damage it.

The main reason to make batteries difficult to replace is so that you can store a larger battery by saving the space to have a compartment and connectors. Of course, the fact that people will upgrade their products when the battery stops holding a charge is probably not lost on the marketers.

I have an iPhone 6 for work and hate it. Hardware is good, but the software is unusable in my opinion. I use my Android for everything other than work email.

Planned obsolescence

You can shoot me if you ever see me with an Apple product.

That gel discovery recently may fix this issue for you. Also, do u really keep phones longer than 2 years?

iPhone 6 and iPod touch, one of the later ones. I’ve been eyeing an Apple Watch, the Hermes one.

if my investment pays off i’ll get one!

I see that AAPL continues to have a strong customer base even on this forum. So much for “no one will pay $500 for a Phone” as I see multiple people here have paid more than that.

I actually own ony two Apple devices: iPhone 5 and an iPad Air. I bet I had you all thinking I was some fanboy.

I think the iPhone SE is actually a really good deal at $400, and I think it may do pretty well in EMs.

Yup, tmobile you basically finance your phone. Bill dropped $20/month when it paid off