When will The semi monopoly of apple end in the smart phone industry?

[original post removed]

Is it really a monopoly? They may have a monopoly of media attention, but I just bought a Pebble Round and while I was researching it discovered a number of powerful and attractive (though nearly as expensive) competitors, virtually all of which work with Android.

Given that the Apple Watch requires an iPhone, I suspect the Samsung and Motorola watches have a decent market among the Android crowd. My Pebble isn’t as impressive as an Apple Watch in terms of the technology, but it is really thin and looks like a watch, rather than a refrigerator on your wrist.

Apple has never had a monopoly on the smartphone industry and has always controlled the high end of the SP market. That should continue, who else is going to compete with it?

I actually do mean the more sophisticated smartphone market.Apples is only selling to that sector, the iphone 5C was a semi failure compared to the rest of their products. I actually mean when will they lose control over the section they are controlling right now as Palantir is mentioning.

Ah. When will apple lose the monopoly over people who only buy apple??

Who is going to beat them? Xiaomi? Samsung? Micromax? LG?

It would take something huge. I’m so stuck in the Apple ecosystem, I couldn’t leave if I wanted to.

I bought my smartwatch because Groupon had a deal and I had a discount on top of the deal. I decided that the risk/reward was worth a shot.

So far, I’m basically happy with the functionality and the look, but I wish the watchface were a little brighter and the watchface options aren’t quite as nice in real life as in the photos (they are close, but not quite as nice as the ads show). There are two faces I alternate between. One is more obviously digital and easier to read. The other is one of the nicer analog faces that also includes my step count and current weather info.

While I was researching it, I discovered that there are a lot of nice alternatives to the Apple Watch. Here’s a video of some of them. Personally, I like the Samsung G2 best, but it doesn’t talk to iPhones, and is almost as expensive as the Apple Watch.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Iyl33HaJIA]