How else do you shrink a deficit?

Hahahaha! Moving to Ontario for low taxes! Hahahaha! Funny one atush. Tell us another.

Well why else would you move to atlantic Canada? There’s nothing there.

So true. Just wait for the new Ontario Pension Plan to begin. Because everybody will love another payroll tax!

atush, you should read up on the political economy of canada from the 1800s to now. the country’s current position will make a lot more sense to you

Alberta is taking a huge gamble on oil which will once again put the country’s economy heavily dependent on one resource. Newfoundland has been shitting the bed, economically speaking, for a long time. It’s time to pay the piper.

canada has become predominately a service industry country. You should move to where the service industry is the highest (toronto/gta). i have no doubt that you’ll be able to find a job, just expect to work on contract for shitty pay. your best bet may be to work in the public sector as well. a buddy of mine (of indian descent - if that’s at all relevant) is in a similar position to where you mentioned you want to be. He’s got his cpa and mba (from laurentian - online). he’s doing alright for himself, making about 90K a year with full benfits and pension. this is attainable with some years of experience in the public sector.

i have another friend that works in the private sector (also has his cpa) and works for one of the big 4 banks making 45K a year as a fund accountant. he has his level 1 cfa too (did nothing for him). he’s a bit lazy. first guy is not

your success ultimately comes down to soft skills and your ability to adapt. these assets (cpa, cfa, mba) are good because they get you through the door, but your success will rely heavily on how you use these assets by coupling them with soft skills (accountability, initiative, listening to client needs, etc).

and its not about how much money you make, its about how much money you keep.

Move West. The only provinces with legitimate business climates are B.C., Alberta and Saskatchewan. Any American would be puzzled at the mentality of Ontario or anywhere East. If you want financial success based on merit, the West is the place to be. If you think you can hit it big on Bay Street then maybe go Ontario, but it doesn’t sound like that’s your ambition. Alberta is not oil only. Yeah, things are rough right now relative to our long term trend, but we still have higher total employment and about 40% higher salaries then elsewhere in Canada. I pay my entry level corporate analysts $75-80k with a year or experience. That doesn’t exist elsewhere in Canada. Yet you can still buy a townhouse for $300k (and you pay minimal tax, less than many American States).

There is a fiscal imbalance in Canada. The provinces have the bulk of the expenses (healthcare, education) and most of them will be in perpetual deficits. This isn’t a cyclical phenomenon. Tough choices will have to be made but good luck making them with 4 year election cycles. By year 2 you are already planning your reelection.