ISIS declares state of emergency in self-declared capital

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/13/politics/isis-raqqa-state-of-emergency/index.html

U.S. military officials are closely watching social media and news reports that say ISIS believes it may soon come under siege in Raqqa, Syria, its self-declared capital.

“We have seen this declaration of emergency in Raqqa, whatever that means,” Col. Steve Warren, the spokesman for the U.S.-led anti-ISIS coalition, told reporters Friday. “We know this enemy feels threatened, as they should.”
Media reports have indicated that ISIS is moving personnel around the city and trying to put up covers in certain areas to shield potential targets from airstrikes and ground attacks

^Never post on a friday if you want to get audience.Monday Morning is the best.Hashtag words that have something to do with getting the pain of monday morning away. Throw in some reference to p(rn if you want people to drop by for a comment. This is how I have been posting in this community for well over 25 years son.

I’m just curious why self-declared capital is relevant. Who else would decide where their capital is??

So how do countries decide upon the location of their capital ?

Well I guess it just means that no one else recognises it as a capital city. Baghdad would be recognised by the UN and all other countries as the legal capital of Iraq.

Where the government is.

Same as corporate HQ’s i.e. where the board meetings are held