Petition for low grades

/

Majority Wins…

If grades are on a curve, I would avoid.

Should we call the whambulance rahul?

Yes, Ohai sir.

As a university professor for more than 20 years, I’d say that it’s a waste of time.

You should have studied more.

Why ?

For me it’s the difference between an A and A+ . So I just want to take the extra benefit.

Guys don’t laugh on this but the university I came from in the home country was a shithole.I really don’t know the in and out of many things here.As an example back in the home country we had a professor who would make each student buy him breakfast for the morning class.He would eat the damn thing in front of everyone and make a joke.About a third of the whole faculty were addicts to some illegal substance.

BTW: The university I went in the home country was the real pit of educational facilities there. It’s not like this every where , but still very different from what you see in the U.S.

Because if everybody thought it was hard, then grades will be adjusted upwards. The raw score isn’t as important as where you are relative to the class.

Wow Sam you really are a cry baby. Take the grade you got and take it as a sign you didnt study hard enough for the final. I honestly cant stand people who complain to the prof like its their fault they did poorly. When I got bad grades I knew it was because I didnt try hard enough or the material was too hard for me.

least BSD topic to ever be posted on here since ive joined

Seriously. Don’t mess with Prof.

Take it and go! Take it and go!

never happened

When I was a freshman at university, I had the misfortune of being in a class where a curve-setting major exam score was 46%. This class had hundreds of students in it. 46% correct was the A+…Think about that.

I think I graded out at a C by scoring in the 20 something percent. More exams of similar specatular failure (of the professor and his TA’s) followed. There was almost a riot to kill that GD professor. Ironically, his name was Mr. Smart. He wasn’t.

It was a fundamental class that everyone needed to actually learn from and build upon for their major. The university didn’t give a shite either. I later transferred out to a real university that actually cared about its undergrads.

GL to you OP.

Easy there, this kind of talk borders on acceptance of personal responsibility, which every good liberal knows is just a buzzword used to supress the non-white underprivelaged class.

The vast majority of exams I took in college were “hard” by most people’s account. Aren’t they supposed to be? A degree can’t be worth much if the evaluations are a cake walk.

Instead of putting a petition in front of the professor, which could be viewed as a hostile act, why not just go see him/her and talk? Any time one of my grades was on the cusp, I’d go in and talk to the prof and 66% of the time, they’d give me the extra point or two to raise my grade.

For some reason this really pisses people off (classmates would be pissed I got my grade changed but screw them). It’s affective.

You found the experience emotional?

What kind of hacksaw school still gives an A+? I thought we left that, along with the smiley face stickers in elementary school.

Both my grad and undergrad the top grade was an A and coincided with a GPA of 4.0. B was 3.0, etc.

But if you got an A and thought it was tough, many others probably did worse. You don’t give a shit about their grades, be happy you did relatively well.