The most beautiful profession in investment banking

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/us-en/243268/the-most-beautiful-profession-in-investment-banking/

"Which careers are those? Try equity capital markets (ECM), followed by sales. Trading and technology, not so much. M&A, maybe.

This is the outcome of an ‘experiment’ in which 60 profile photos of people (men and women) in these careers were selected at random and rated for facial attractiveness by members of our editorial team who were oblivious to the origins of the photos. 10 teachers were thrown in as a comparator."

Well, their method is not exactly scientific. But IT to Sales is really a 5.6/6.4 split? Am I not hiring the right IT people?

Those numbers seem right to me, but I think areas with a large number of hipster working in IT have a lower difference because those queers love grooming to the max.

ECM is partially a sales job

ER gets dead last. What you think?

Everything is a sales job, including ER.

This title is misleading. I thought beautiful was an adjective to describe one of the IB roles. It should be named the best looking people in IB.

Yeah, pretty much every job in the world comes to sales unless you’re prop trading or using internal funds in a hedge fund.

At a former company of mine a few years ago even non-sales personnel were encouraged to know the lines of business and to forward potential clients to the appropriate sales team while accurately conveying how the company could suit their needs.

Even if you don’t see customers, you still have to “sell” yourself and your ideas to managers or other internal people.

Got to sell your company, sell your product, and sell yourself as the right person for the job.

I would definitely agree that at the investment bank, the most “beautiful” people are in capital markets or equity sales, followed by capital introductions / prime brokerage.

On the hedge fund side, check out business development or executive assistants at the multi-strategy funds such as Citadel, Millennium, Point72, etc.

Boom.

(Long-only? not so much…)